Travelling After Breast Augmention

I am planning on having surgery in late April and travelling overseas for 4 weeks in late July. Will this be sufficient time for my breasts to heal to a point where it's safe to be such a far distance from my surgeon?

Traveling after a Breast Aumentation

+2

That is plenty of time to recover. The magic time frame for most surgical healing is 6 weeks. After six weeks the scar tissue is strong enough to resume a normal life.

Many patients can travel, even a few days after surgery, as long as they do no lift anything heavy, Moreover, they have to understand that if a complication occurs, they will have to return for treatment.

Traveling Just after breast augmentation is OK

+2

You can travel within 2-4 days after your breast augmentation as long as you don't have to lift heavy suitcase.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Traveling after breast augmentation?

+1
Hello!  Thank you for your question. Given that you are progressing as expected and your course has been uncomplicated, four weeks should be a reasonable time to proceed with your travel plans.

Ensuring adequate oral intake and mobility is a must and proper postoperative care of the surgical sites and incisions is prudent. An evaluation postoperatively as well as prior to departure is usually done to make sure that all is well for your travel back. Hope that this helps! Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Travel after breast augmentation

+1

I always encourage patients not to travel out of the area for at least three weeks after surgery.  First, imagine having an infection or complication in a strange city or foreign country and trying to seek the services of a plastic surgeon there----language barriers, cost, angst, etc.  There are potential risks in terms of airline cabin pressure.  And, significantly, after surgery and anesthesia time, you need to give your body a rest before setting out.  Air travel is notorious for spreading viruses as cabin air is recirculated.  I also do not advise patients to lift heavy objects, such as suitcases, for at least 2-3 weeks postoperatively.  Ground personnel no longer heft those bags as they used to in the past and I wouldn't want a patient to be lifting a bag into the overhead bins.  Three months after surgery is perfectly fine and more than enough time for you to have recuperated from surgery and to be ready to enjoy a wonderful vacation.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast augmentation and travel

+1

I fyou hae the surgery in April, you should be okay by July to travel and enjoy yourself provided that you do not have any healing issues.

Traveling 4 weeks after breast implant augmentation

+1

Generally speaking, it should be safte to travel 4 weeks after breast implant augmentation as long as your procedure was uncomplicated. Strenous physical activity such as lifting a heavy suitcase may be restricted by some surgeons for a minimum of 6 weeks so plan on traveling light or having someone lift your baggage.

Travel after breast aug

+1

You will have more than enough time to heal. i usually let my patients do anything they want physically after 4 weeks.Have fun.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Travel after breast augmentation

+1

As long as your procedure goes smoothly you should have no problems traveling 4 weeks after your procedure.  It is always better to plan for the worse and hope for the best following any operation.  You will invest time and money into a procedure that will have life time consequences.  Proper planning is a key to success.  More than likely you will be fine.   Good luck.  

Breast Augmentation travel pass.

+1

Traveling 4 weeks after a breast Augmentation should be no problem. Frequently we see patients from out of town and they can travel soon after the surgery.

The first few days are the most important and after a week you should be relatively problem free at one week , as far as problems that need immediate surgery. 

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

When can I travel after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Regarding: "Travelling After Breast Augmention
I am planning on having surgery in late April and travelling overseas for 4 weeks in late July. Will this be sufficient time for my breasts to heal to a point where it's safe to be such a far distance from my su
rgeon?"

Complications are seen in a very small minority of Breast Augmentation cases. By 2 months after surgery the vast majority of women assume normal activities. The odds are you should be well enough to travel and enjoy doing so.

Dr. Peter Aldea