Traveling for Gastric Bypass

I've been researching bariatric doctors and can't find any near me that I feel comfortable with. Is it okay to travel out of state or out of country for gastric bypass?

Traveling for bariatric surgery

+1

People travel to me form all over the country to undergo bariatric surgery.  Bariatric surgery requires great technical expertise and experience.  It is very important to find a surgeon you feel very comfortable with and has an excellent reputation and large experience.  You should also choose a surgeon that is an ASMBS Center of Excellence.  This assures you of the surgeon having a great experience and proper equipment and training to perform your surgery.  I would encourage you to find the best surgeon possible.

Long Island Bariatric Surgeon

Traveling for bariatric surgery

+1

This is major surgery with potentially major complications. I would definitely try to find a local surgeon or arrange for local post-operative managment in the event of complications.