Traveling out of state for a Brazilian butt lift. How long would I need to stay? (Photo)

Iv just starting looking in this procedure and think I would be very happy with It. That being said I am not impressed with surgeons in my area and Highly considering going out of state. Just wondering how doctors handle this and what's the recommended amount of Stay time. I would be driving also ( most likely with the family ) Any input on the photo since I decided to add it, I think my saggy 36DDD (plan to get done another time) contribute a lot to my rolls the second picture is just me holding them up

Out-of-town patients

+1
Every physician has or her own recommendations for out-of-state patients. I typically prefer that my out-of-state patients stay in town for two weeks.  Once you choose your surgeon he or she will outline his or her out-of-town patient plan.

Good luck.

Earl Stephenson Jr MD DDS FACS

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1
Based on the pictures posted, you will need liposuction of the love handles and back. Fat transfer to the buttocks. Can not tell if there are any other areas that could be a source for more fat.
That surgery is extensive and you will need to stay from one to two weeks around your doctor till you and him/ her are sure of no complications. It also depends if your surgeon is using drains, when are they taken out?
Travelling long distance is not recommended, need to make very frequent stops and move the legs. Is your surgeon using any blood thinners and for how long?
Issues to consider

BBL and travel

+1
I like patients that I am operating to stay in town for at least a week as long as there are no problems. Good luck.

+1
We see many patients from out of state and out of the country. Ideally, we suggest that you stay for 1 week. But we have had a number of patients who have felt quite well a few days after the procedure and left earlier than 1 week. It would be a good idea to email the plastic surgeon whom you are considering photos of your buttocks( back and side views) as well as of potential donor sites such as the abdomen, hips and thighs to get a preliminary idea of your candidacy of the procedure.

George Lefkovits, MD

+1
Thank you for your question .

You are a good candidate for this procedure. You will need at least 4-6 days to stay before you can travel again. 
The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.
Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Traveling out of state for a Brazilian butt lift. How long would I need to stay?

+1
I have little doubt that you will have a very nice result.  The fatty deposits of the rolls can be treated with liposuction as well.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and liposuction procedures each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.