Can I Have Travel Vaccinations the Same Day As my Botox?

+2

As you're likely aware Botox is a relatively painless treatment with no downtime. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about certain travel immunizations. However, I am not aware of any contraindication with regard to Botox and immunizations on the same day. I hope you have a great trip planned!

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Travel vaccinations on same day as Botox

+2

The answer to your question could depend on the particular vaccinations that your are receiving, but to my knowledge, there is no reason that you could not have any of the typical travel vaccinations on the same day as a Botox treatment.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox has not been known to negtively interact with traveler's immunizations

+1

there is no known contraindications between Botox injections and traveler's immunizations of which I'm aware.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Vaccinations and Botox

+1

Thank you for your question. I would recommend not getting them at the same time just in case there are some reactions for some reason you can pinpoint the cause. Be sure to get treated under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for best and safest results with your botox.  I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Botox and Immunizations

+1

Because Botox remains local and does not travel systemically, there is no contraindication to having it done on the same day as travel immunizations.

Enjoy your trip!

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Travel vaccinations and Botox

+1

Botox is a purified protein which blocks communication between nerves and muscles when used for cosmetic purposes. It is injected into the dermis, and there is no basis for concern nor any side effects reported in those receiving travel or other vaccinations and immunizations. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Travel vaccinations same day as Botox?

+1

Great to see that you are taking precautions when planning to have Botox injections. But not to worry, they should not interfere with any vaccinations you plan on having prior to taking a trip. The Botox remains localized in the area it is injected, and will not spread to the body. With that being said, you should be fine, as the two are not related. I hope this helps, and enjoy your travels!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Botox and vaccinations

+1

Without knowing specific vaccinations you are receiving or considering, it's difficult to answer this question. Check with the Botox provider who has access to the specific recommendations and guidelines included with the packaging, to be certain.

Sam Naficy, MD