Can I Travel in the States Four Wks After Tummy Tuck and Breast Implants

Travel after tummy tuck and breast implants?

+2

The answer is never yea or nay. I've had patients travel two weeks after I performed both procedures on them, and I've had patients take six weeks to recover from a traditional tummy tuck. Since I've started doing the newer drain-free tummy tuck (progressive tension abdominoplasty) I've noticed that most of may patients can travel after two weeks. It's too soon to tell,  I used the conventional (drain) way for twenty years,  I think this new way has a shorter recovery period (I ignored it for years and had to be cajoled into even trying it) . So, the answer to your question is; maybe. Only the board certified plastic surgeon who performed your surgery can answer that question. There are no set days for recovery or for getting travel clearances.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Travel 4 weeks after abdominoplasty, tummy tuck

+1
In most cases you should be able to travel 4 weeks after a tummy tuck, abdominoplasty. For long trips take measures to prevent leg vein clots (DVT) by keeping hydrated, wearing TED hose, walking frequently, leg elevation, etc.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Traveling After Aesthetic Surgery

+1

It is certainly possible to travel domestically 4 weeks after undergoing a tummy tuck and breast augmentation.  This assumes that you have no complications which can never be guaranteed even though it is unlikely.  This is certainly a question which you should address with your surgeon to insure that he/she is comfortable with this situation.

John Whitt, MD

Travel after surgery

+1

Four weeks after surgery you should be able to travel.  However, since we do not know the specifics of your surgery or your recovery, you really should check with your surgeon.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Travel following Surgery

+1

Four weeks should be enough time for you travel if all is going well.  This is a bit of a tricky question because you can travel anytime, it's just the degree of risk you want to take doing it.  There are problems that can occur early and those that occur later.  The farther you are from surgery without problems the better.  Four weeks is better than two.  Talk to your plastic surgeon.  Also figure out what you will do if you develop a problem while you are out of town.  As mentioned above, take small frequent walks, drink plenty of water and avoid heavy luggage and lifting. Have a good time, too.

Lori H. Saltz, MD

Should not be a problem to travel 4 weeks after surgery

+1

Should not be a problem to travel 4 weeks after surgery. Recovery after breast augmentation usually requires 6 weeks of recovery time.  However, if your early course of recovery is uncomplicated and your trip does not entail a high degree of intense activity travel should be safe. Abdominoplasty may require a more lengthy recovery especially if you had a rectus sheath plication. Be sure to consult your treating surgeon.

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Travel 4 weeks after surgery

+1

This should not be a problem as long as you are healing well.  Please visit with your surgeon to get his/her opinion and recommendations.  Best of luck.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

How soon is it safe to travel after a tummy tuck and breast augmentation

+1

Many pateints come to us from around the country and abroad. Their stay depends on the type of surgery they underwent; normally it's 1-2 weeks. I would say that as long as as everything is healing well you should be able to leave after 10-14 days, although you should consult with your surgeon. While on the plane I strongly recommend that you get up frequently and walk around. You want to minimize the possibility of a pulmunary embolus ( blood clot ). With these precautions you should do well.

George Lefkovits, MD

Travel 4 weeks after surgery

+1

Travel 4 weeks after surgery is usually not a problem if everything is healed.  First check with your doctor and second, plan on taking it easy.  Do not overdo it, as you will not have the comfort of your home to relax in after a long day.  Have fun and Good Luck.

Beverly Friedlander, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

+1

In my personal patients I would like at least 6 weeks recovery but in certain cases I see no problem. Best to ask your chosen surgeon.