Is It Ok to Travel by Plane 13 Days After Closed Rhinoplasty? If No, How Long Should I Wait?

+1

There should be no issue with your travel in this time frame. I would allow my Rhinoplasty patients to fly if there were not other issues, so make sure your surgeon is comfortable with your travel plans because only your surgeon knows what was performed at the operation that could be affected by air travel at this point. My guess is it will be fine. Enjoy your trip.

Plane Travel After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Nicole,

Usually, you should be fine taking the plane at 2 weeks after your rhinoplasty as the plane cabin will be pressurized and should not cause noticeable swelling.

However, you will need to make sure that you are clear for your trip by your surgeon who will know the full details of your surgery and will be able to assess the level of recovery you will accomplish before you travel.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS