Can You Travel a Month Post-op Rhinoplasty?

I want to get rhinoplasty done as soon as I get out of high school, but I am going on a trip (for 3 weeks) about a month later. Would my nose be fine to travel and would I be missing important check-ups with the surgeon?

Traveling After Rhinoplasty

+1

It depends on patient to patient but typically, patients can travel about 2 to 3 weeks post operation. By then, most swelling goes down and the risk for bleeding is decreased. I would ask your facial plastic surgeon during your post-op appointment just to make sure that your nose is healing properly and that it is safe for you to travel.

Traveling after surgery

+1

Three weeks is plenty of time to recover from a rhinoplasty so that you should be able to travel, but I would follow the recommendations of your surgeon.  Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Can you travel a month post-op rhinoplasty?

+1

It is generally advised to refrain from flying within 2 weeks of your procedure unless you have to, as this may increase swelling and delay your healing time. Traveling after one month should not be an issue. I would recommend following up with your surgeon, as he or she may have specific guidelines for you to follow. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Travel will not be a problem.

+1

Hello brandonmcc,

Thanks for your question.  Travel 4 weeks after surgery is typically not a problem.  Your nose may swell from lower airplane cabin pressures, but this is a fairly mild issue.  Your nose will still be healing so you might not be able to wear sunglasses, eyeglasses, or snow goggles, and may not be able to take a direct blow to the nose if the bones are not completely healed.  This just means that you have to be careful and keep your nose out of trouble ;-).  Have a great time on your trip and enjoy that new nose.

Good luck,

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Traveling After Rhinoplasty

+1

You should be fine to travel a month after rhinoplasty surgery. If concerned, consult with your surgeon.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Travel One Month Post Rhinoplasty

+1

I treat many patients from out of the state or the country. They can return home 7- 10 days after surgery. You will not have any problems going on your trip as long as you do not plan on activities where there is a risk of facial trauma. 

Rhinoplasty and travel

+1

Usually patients are fine to travel a month after rhinoplasty.  Best to ask your doctor. Good luck.

Post rhinoplasty travel

+1

I have a large amount of patients who fly in from out of the country or the states for rhinoplasty surgery and I typically request them to be here for 7 to 10 days at the most and then return home. I am always available via skype or telephone for any questions so I do not personally see any reason why you would not be able to travel.  Certain activities must be declined so I like to discuss where my patients are going. If you are traveling for a trip where you would like to do scuba diving or snorkeling with a  mask or other activities that would cause any possible trauma or pressure to the nose then I would advise them of their travel limitations. I have some patients who fly in from Las Vegas in small private planes which can be uncomfortable if un pressurized so you should make sure the plane you are going on is pressurized as all commercial airliners are. The best advice is to discuss this with your surgeon and discuss your travel plans and activities you would like to do upon your destination and your surgeon will advise you properly. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Travel after nose job

+1

You should be ok to travel one month after rhinoplasty. Just make sure you dont sustain any trauma to your nose in that time. No heavy activity or contact sports for sure. Good luck.

Marcelo Ghersi, MD

Traveling okay one month post rhinoplasty

+1

It is best to check with your surgeon first,but in our practice it is certainly acceptable to  travel one month after a rhinoplasty procedure