Seeking Full Tummy Tuck, Liposuction and Breast Implants- What Will Happen To My Tattoos? (photo)

I am 5'11 170lbs & I have had one child. I do not plan to have more children in the future. My concern is what will happen w/my rib cage tattoos, The angle of the photos presented will show you the placement of the art work vs the stretchmarks I've acquired. Please explain how they will be effected, which stretchmarks will likely still be visible after surgery,& your recommendations for breast augmentation (currently 36C with L Inverted Nipple). 

Please advise me specifically about possible tattoo removal, stretching, etc. Also, with the photos I've listed do you feel I will still have visable stretchmarks after the tummy tuck? Would laser lypo or the traditional lypo be the best option for my situation? I am seeking a surgeon with an artists hand

Your tattoos should not be affected by the procedures you desire

+1

Hi there-

Based on the photos you provided, it doesn't look like your tattoos will be affected by the procedures you are interested in, other than that they may become more curvy with the more shapely waist contour you might achieve.

Detailed questions about TT and tattoo

+1

Based on your photos, your tattoos would not be damaged by the scar placement.

Most of the stretch marks that are centrally located on your abdomen and below the belly button will be removed.  The ones to the sides will get less benefit.  The ones that are up high will still be there.

Many of your questions require an in-person evaluation and consultation.....so that's really the most important next step for you.

Thomas Fiala, MD

+1

Majority agree that the tattoos are safe. Best to have in person discussions with your chosen PS to determine the answers to ALL your concerns. 

Your tattoos are safe!

+1

Based on your photographs and the procedures you are considering, your scars will not damage any of your tattoos, and they appear to be far enough away from the zones of maximum skin stretch or transposition in the abdomen to have any major distortion--they should remain much as they are right now. I liked Dr. Wallach's story. I once had a patient with a tattoo of a large colorful winged fairy sitting on a lily pad. After tummy tuck, only the tip of one wing remained and looked like a shark's fin poking up from her tummy tuck scar. Fortunately, she and I discussed this and she was fine with her new "shark!"

Stretch marks below your belly button will be removed, but those at or above the umbilicus will remain, though they will be positioned just above the pubic scar.

Since your breasts are not visible, it is impossible to give you good advice about augmentation, though it appears as if you might need a lift plus implants. Only examination will tell.

I believe that standard or ultrasonic liposuction in skilled hands is still state of the art. Laser lipo is fine, but it offers more marketing advantage than true surgical superiority. Again, it's more about the sculptor than the chisel or power grinder!

There are many fine ABPS-certified plastic surgeons in your area; seek consultation with one or two and your detailed questions can be answered. Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Tattoos and TT

+1

I don't think that you will lose any of your tattoos. The standard scars are low down in the groin/pubic area and will rise up towards your hip. Usually all that skin is removed, which will include whatver stretch marks happen to be there.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Tattoos and surgery

+1

It looks like form your photos posted that your tattoos are probably safe.  AS for stretch marks I tell patients that most stretch marks between the umbilicus and the mons pubis will be removed with a tummy tuck.  I had a few patients with a sun around their umbilicus. They were then left with a sunset or sunrise at their mons pubis region.

Tattoos affected with surgery

+1

From review of your photos, you should have little change in your tatoos with the surgical procedures you have planned.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Tattoos will be fine with your tummy tuck

+1

Some tattoos can be a worry during a tummy tuck, though based on your photos, your tattoos will be out of harms way.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Tattoos And Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Fortunately, their tattoos are in a location that will not be affected directly by the tummy tuck surgery.  they may however be stretched and/or pulled  inferiorly and centrally.

Unfortunately, your stretch marks to extend quite high making complete removal unlikely. However, the stretch marks that do remain will be quite low on the abdominal wall. Also, unfortunately there is no great treatment for the residual  stretch marks that remain.

In regards to achieve your goals with the breast surgery communication with your plastic surgeon will be key. Unfortunately, the use of words such as "natural" means different things to different people. In other words, what you consider to be natural may not be what your plastic surgeon considers to be natural looking.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

In my practice I use goal pictures to communicate with patients.  With this technique patients are able to demonstrate what they are trying to achieve and what type of looks they do not like as well. 
I also use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Tattoos post abdominoplasty

+1

I do not think you will see much to the tattoos affected by the abdominoplasty. Maybe a little lower perhaps. The tummy tuck should flatten your tummy and remove some of the stretch marks. Palomar laser company has the only non ablative laser approved for the improvement of stretchmarks. Go to palomarmedical.com.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon