Should I have to travel to California for a good rhinoplasty?

I live in the midwest and have consulted with a Dr. Though he doesn't have good bedside manner, I like his before/after photos and he's really close to me. Recently I came across a Dr. in LA who seems like an amazing surgeon. Should I have to spend all of that extra money to travel there for surgery or can local surgeons be just as great?

There are great Rhinoplasty surgeons in Chicago

+1

There are some really good surgeons in Chicago closer to your home. Some of the best rhinoplasty surgeons in the country. Look there first.

Best regards,

Dr. Lane F. Smith

Choosing a local rhinoplasty surgeon vs. one in California.

+1

Choosing a local rhinoplasty surgeon vs. one in California depends on finding a very excellent's rhinoplasty surgeon in your area. If you have found one and think his work is excellent in your area then there is no need to travel.

Surgeon choice

+1
There are many good rhinoplasty surgeons in your area. See several to make an informed choice. Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

California rhinoplasty

+1

If you did not hit things off with your first consult you should not feel that you need to travel a long distance for a great result. LA might be the land of dreams, but perhaps Chicago is within reach.

Should I have to travel to California for a good rhinoplasty

+1

If you like a surgeon close to you, stay close to home.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Choosing a surgeon for rhinoplasty

+1

Ultimately the choice of surgeon for nose reshaping surgery depends on who you think will best achieve your goals. You only have one face, and will live with it for the rest of your life. For this reason it is reasonable to travel out of town for a better result-but there are excellent rhinoplasty surgeons throughout the country, not just California, and you may find someone local who you are comfortable with. In our San Diego practice we offer phone consultations with computer imaging for out of town patients. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon