Traveling After Smart Lipo

I am having Smart Lipo on my chin and love handles Friday. I go to San diego the following Friday. Will I look fat and puffy?  Is it safe to travel one week after the Smart Lipo? Should I postpone the procedure?

Ask your surgeon

+2

I think it is infinitely more reliable to ask the surgeon that is doing your surgery what your post-op course will be. Commentary here is only speculative since we do not know exactly what is being done and you do not want to get misdirected because of something lost in translation. You should trust in your surgeon enough to communicate all of your concerns and questions to him/her. Just my humble opinion...

Traveling after Smart Lipo

+1

You’re still going to be swollen after a week, it’s going to take some time for your body to heal. I do recommend wearing your garment on the plane because the cabin pressure makes everyone swell a bit.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Liposuction and travel

+1

You definitely will be swollen one week after SmartLipo. You should talk to your doctor about traveling. Every surgeon is different. If you are in a car or plane for extended periods soon after surgery, it may increase your risk of deep vein thrombosis or clots in your legs. 

If it has been done correctly, you can.

+1

If you have had the 'true' tumescent liposuction along with Smart Lipo, you shouldn't have any problems traveling a week after. In fact, most of my patients are able to go to work the next day after surgery with the way I perform the procedure. Unfortunately, many people doing SmartLipo are simply not qualified and are what I call 'cosmetic surgeon wannabees'. These physicians have only purchased a laser and think they can do cosmetic surgery in a way that is the same as a person who has learned the correct methods over years.

We see problems with many of their patients and that may be a 'warning' about whether you can or can't travel that quickly. Good luck!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist