Trauma to Right Side Caused Rippling in Left Saline Implant, Should I Be Worried?

About a month ago I fell off the back of a truck that was going only 20 mph or so.I landed on the asphalt on my right side (on my arm, shoulder, and hip, not breast.Now my left implant has slight rippling on the inner part.My breasts are still the same shape,height and size,but I can feel slight rippling throughout the breast even though it is only visible on the inside edge.It is also slightly pushed out-a few mm.Is it possible that the muscle has torn? Should I be worried?

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
You for sure have rippling which is common from saline implants. Going in to look at the muscle is very invasive. If things are soft and you are happy I would suggest not having more surgery!

Rippling of breast after trauma

+1

It appears that you have a disruption of the medial border of your pectoralis muscle which will have to be repaired to correct the deformity.  There are several ways to do this.  It is best repaired with a human dermal product to reconstruct it.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Rippling in Saline Breast Implants

+1
Rippling can occur in saline implants as a normal occurrence although overfilling the implants helps lessen this problem. If your size has not changed, you probably do not have a leak and the accident is a coincidence. It does appear that a revision of your breast augmentation would be helpful because if the rippling is visible in a photo it is likely more noticeable in person. I think that a revision of the implant pockets would be helpful so the nipples didn't point outward so much and replacement with silicone implants would either lessen or resolve the rippling problem.

Joseph Fata, MD

Trauma after Breast Augmentation

+1

It is really difficult to say what is going on without first examining you.  I do see the rippling along the medial edge (and sometimes this does happen even without the trauma).  What I see is your nipple/areola pointing outward therefore indicating to me that you may need pocket correction for better placement of the implants therefore improving the placement of the areola on the breast.  Best to have an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon who can let you know what is going on and discuss implant mal-position issues with you.