Trauma Post Lasik From Pressure From Sleep Mask?

I had Lasik (the non-surgical, laser) eye surgery overseas 5 weeks ago. I sleep with a dark sleep mask at night to avoid rubbing and provide darkness. Last night I used a sleep mask that was tighter than usual and woke up two hours later. I felt lots of pressure on my eyes and noticed that the sleep mask was digging into my lower eyelid on my left eye. I have no pain but my left eye is slightly blurry. I worry because my surgeon is so far away and I'm living in Europe but don't know what to do!

Trauma Post LASIK from a Sleep Mask

+1

If the goggles were displaced and your eye is dry, blurriness can ensure. When in doubt or if your symptoms persist, seek the care of an eye care professional to examine your eyes.  Many doctors close to you would still be willing to help you!

San Diego Ophthalmologist

Sleep Mask After LASIK

+1

i dont like my patients using a sleep mask in the immediate postop period after LASIK, as i have seen that mask dislodge the flap

after a week it should be fine so don't worry about it

New York Ophthalmologist