Too Much Trauma to Combine Mini Lift, Total FX, and Fat Transfer?

I will be having a minilift, fat transfer to my face and a total fx to face and neck. Is it safe to have this much trauma at one time, and will the fat transfer less likely to take hold aftert the total fx? Im becoming more nervous about having all this done at one time.

Multiple Facial Procedures At Once

+2

Having this combination of procedures is completely appropriate in the right patient. To my knowledge there are no studies showing decreased fat survival when laser is combined with fat transfer. If you are concerned, I would certainly talk with your surgeon. You can always separate the procedures but this will result in separate and longer recovery and likely increased cost.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mini Lift, Fat Transfer and Laser - often done together safely

+1
For the right person and experience of your plastic surgeon this is a very reasonable combination. Depending on the Total FX laser settings, number of passes, health of your skin, whether or not you smoke among other factors and how invasive the facelift is will determine the safety of this procedure. Mini Face lifts and those that have limited undermining such as the MAC or LiteLift procedures are safer procedures for doing both of these procedures. Fat transfer is used in most of my facelifts as well and makes sense for most patients.  I often do chemical peels and/or laser skin treatments at the same time as our limited incision face lifts (LiteLift) and have not seen an increase in complications.

Opinions are often given in the absence of experience with these combined techniques. My advice is to make sure you go to a board certified plastic surgeon you feel comfortable with and follow their recommendations

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Facial rejuvenation treatments

+1

I generally prefer to do the mini facelift and fat transfer in one procedure and then the Total FX laser treatments at a later time after your face has had a chance to recover and heal.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Mini-Facelift Combined With Fraxel and Fat Transfer

+1

Combining a Mini-facelift with Fraxel and Fat Transfer is the perfect combination for patients in their forties to fifties.  I perform this combination regularly.  The combination takes care of each component of aging at that age;  the lift picks up the jowls and upper neck, the fat transfer replaces the volume loss with the fraxel cleans of the aging and sun-damaged skin.  I think it is a perfect combination

Phillip Chang, MD
Leesburg Plastic Surgeon

Laser and facelift

+1

I would avoid a facelift and a full face laser ablation in a patient at the same operative setting. I would stage the two to avoid further injury to the skin that has already been undermined.

Facelift with fat transfer and laser should be fine

+1

No, it is common to do a mini facelift with fat transfer and facial fraxel or laser. This is a great combination for the right anatomy and the right patient.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Facial surgery

+1

Problems may arise from the most minor surgery. If you have a competent board certfied plastic surgeon, the surgery is performed in an acccredited facility or hospital and with an MD anesthesologist you have minimized problems.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Facial Surgery Worries

+1

I wouldn't worry about your combination or surgeries. This series of procedures is quite common and the risks are very low. I am sure you will do well and after it is all done, be amazed at how easy it all was to do at the same time. The Fx treatment should not effect your fat transfer in any way either.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Combination surgery

+1

It is natural to have some anxiety about surgery as the time approaches. But if you are very anxios then you owe it to your self to discuss this with your surgeon in advance. Only you and your surgeon will be able to resolve this matter. if you still have hesitation then do not do the surgery untill you are comfortable with the surgery and surgeon

Minilifts and laser with great results

+1

I believe this a great combination for the right patient and when done appropriately. Minilifts or face lifts can be combined with fat transfers or laser resurfacing. I often combine my lifts with laser resurfacing and I use the Total FX system. There is a slightly increased chance of complications, however when the laser treatment is done carefully it provides wonderful results.

You essentially receive a lifting and repositioning procedure for the jowls and cheeks and then rejuvenate the overlying skin. I tell my patients that this is the complete lifting deep and rejuvenating the skin surface. The fat transfer, in this case, provides more lift and fullness.

Edgar Franklin Fincher, MD, PhD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon