Too Much Trauma to Combine Mini Lift, Total FX, and Fat Transfer?

I will be having a minilift, fat transfer to my face and a total fx to face and neck. Is it safe to have this much trauma at one time, and will the fat transfer less likely to take hold aftert the total fx? Im becoming more nervous about having all this done at one time.

Multiple Facial Procedures At Once

+2

Having this combination of procedures is completely appropriate in the right patient. To my knowledge there are no studies showing decreased fat survival when laser is combined with fat transfer. If you are concerned, I would certainly talk with your surgeon. You can always separate the procedures but this will result in separate and longer recovery and likely increased cost.

Web reference: http://innovationsfps.com

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial rejuvenation treatments

+1

I generally prefer to do the mini facelift and fat transfer in one procedure and then the Total FX laser treatments at a later time after your face has had a chance to recover and heal.

Web reference: http://www.facialplastics.info/facelift.html

Mini-Facelift Combined With Fraxel and Fat Transfer

+1

Combining a Mini-facelift with Fraxel and Fat Transfer is the perfect combination for patients in their forties to fifties.  I perform this combination regularly.  The combination takes care of each component of aging at that age;  the lift picks up the jowls and upper neck, the fat transfer replaces the volume loss with the fraxel cleans of the aging and sun-damaged skin.  I think it is a perfect combination

Leesburg Plastic Surgeon

Laser and facelift

+1

I would avoid a facelift and a full face laser ablation in a patient at the same operative setting. I would stage the two to avoid further injury to the skin that has already been undermined.

Facelift with fat transfer and laser should be fine

+1

No, it is common to do a mini facelift with fat transfer and facial fraxel or laser. This is a great combination for the right anatomy and the right patient.

Facial surgery

+1

Problems may arise from the most minor surgery. If you have a competent board certfied plastic surgeon, the surgery is performed in an acccredited facility or hospital and with an MD anesthesologist you have minimized problems.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Facial Surgery Worries

+1

I wouldn't worry about your combination or surgeries. This series of procedures is quite common and the risks are very low. I am sure you will do well and after it is all done, be amazed at how easy it all was to do at the same time. The Fx treatment should not effect your fat transfer in any way either.

Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Combination surgery

+1

It is natural to have some anxiety about surgery as the time approaches. But if you are very anxios then you owe it to your self to discuss this with your surgeon in advance. Only you and your surgeon will be able to resolve this matter. if you still have hesitation then do not do the surgery untill you are comfortable with the surgery and surgeon

Minilifts and laser with great results

+1

I believe this a great combination for the right patient and when done appropriately. Minilifts or face lifts can be combined with fat transfers or laser resurfacing. I often combine my lifts with laser resurfacing and I use the Total FX system. There is a slightly increased chance of complications, however when the laser treatment is done carefully it provides wonderful results.

You essentially receive a lifting and repositioning procedure for the jowls and cheeks and then rejuvenate the overlying skin. I tell my patients that this is the complete lifting deep and rejuvenating the skin surface. The fat transfer, in this case, provides more lift and fullness.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser resurfacing and fat injections

+1

If you have anxiety about doing resurfacing and fat injections on the same day, why not consider doing the resurfacing first and after healing, then do the fat injections. You could have the fat injected first and wait and then do laser as an alternative. There is a theoretical slightly increased risk of infection in the fat if it is done the same time as resurfacing because of the healing skin and the tiny injected holes through which the fat is injected could allow bacteria to penetrate. Your doctor will possibly consider antibiotic coverage for you if you have these done together.