Is It Possible for the Transverse Abdominis to Stretch and Create a Belly Bulge?

I'm wondering if its possible for the transverse abdominis to stretch and create a lower belly bulge whilst the rectus abdominis stays intact and doesnt have any separation? I have a lower belly bulge that gets significantly bigger after eating and drinking but i dont think i have much rectus abdominis separation (although there is a little). Isn't the transverse abdominis the muscle responsible for holding everything in and the rectus abdominis is just a flexing muscle?

Natural abdominal bulge below the belly button

+1

Actually the abdominal muscle set up is a little more complicated. The 2 vertical strap muscles (rectus abdominis) on either side of the midline is responsible for flexing. However, the connection in the midline between the sheaths these 2 muscles sit in also helps hold everything in. To the outer side of each of these muscles is a triple layer alignment of 3 muscles (external and internal obliques and the transversus abdominis). Halfway between the belly button and the pubic bone there is an inherent weakness in the sheath around the strap muscles and their connection to the triple layer of muscles. Together with a tendency to store fat under the skin below the belly button level this creates the bulge you describe. It is a flaw in the way we are designed.

Some surgeons have tried aggressive liposuction in the area to reduce the bulging only to leave unhappy patients with indents.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.