Can you transform a certain eye shape to more almond shaped? (Photo)

Is it possible to transform the eyes of person A to eyes of person B with plastic surgery. If so with what peocedures

Canthoplasty May Work, But Be Cautious

+1
Yes. The eyelid shape can be transformed to a more almond-shaped eye with a canthoplasty. It is important to go to a surgeon experienced with this technique and to fully understand the outcome ahead of time. I think it is possible to subtly change the eyelid shape without creating an unnatural appearance, but there is a definite risk of an "operated-on: look if too much of a change is made. Also, perfect symmetry is very hard to achieve. I would be very cautious about changing your eyelid shape, which looks very natural in your photo. Thanks for your question.

Almond Eyes

+1
When I look at the two pictures you have shown, the two differences I see are the position of the eyebrow and the position of the lower eyelid.  These are things that can affect the shape of the eye overall.  There are a number of ways these things can be changed with botox, fillers, or surgical procedures such as canthopexy.  Now the first eye does have some nice qualities to it so a full analysis and consultation can get to the root of what will be best for you!

Christopher Cote, MD
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Make eyes more almond shaped

+1
  • A canthoplasty will change the angle of the eyes to a more almond shape.
  • This is surgery, with risks including poor healing and disappointing results.
  • It is not possible to transfer the look of one person's eyes to another person. The best one can do is increase the eyes' similarities. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

The truth is there is a limited ability to change eyelid shape.

+1
Yes canthoplasty has a limited ability to alter the shape of the eye.  However, it is also very easy for the surgeon to create an almost unfixable and unnatural change to the shape of the eye.  For this reason, one has to be very careful is asking for this type of change.  You also need to make sure that the surgeon you are seeing actually does this type of surgery.  Look for evidence on their website that they actually do what you are looking for.  Many of the shape differences are related to the shape of the orbital rim and has less to do with the actual eyelids.  Ultimately, there is no substitute with a highly knowledgable oculoplastic surgeon.

Blepharoplasty with Canthopexy

+1
Eye shape can be altered during blepharoplasty surgery with a technique called a canthopexy.  A canthopexy alters the shape of the eye and create a more almond shaped eye. 

Christopher Khorsandi, MD