Can I Transfer Fat from my Inner Knees to my Butt?

i want to have a brazilian butt lift done. i am thin but have tires on my stomach. but i dont know if the fat is enough. i have fat that i dont like on my inner knee area. can a doctor also take fat from there? to add to the amount harvested from the stomach as well. thank you.

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Fat sources for a Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

When we perform a Brazilian Butt lift, the plastic surgeon will perform liposuction throughout the body. The goal is to not only shape and contour your body but to obtain enough fat to clean, process, and then transplant to your butt. In order to perform the successfully, we need very good quality fat. The best quality fat usually comes from areas such as your abdomen your hips your waist and your files. Although we may perform liposuction to your knees, there usually is not enough fat to use just this one area. In our practice, our patients will commonly ask us for liposuction to multiple areas at the same time. There is no problem doing this but the surgeon must keep in mind the overall goals of the patient to make sure that we obtain enough fat to achieve them.

For more information on Brazilian butt lifts or butt augmentation, please schedule an iConsult or visit us online at the link below.

Web reference: http://www.miamiaesthetic.com/butt_augmentation_lift.htm

Fat from Knees for Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Fat for the Brazilian Butt Lift can be taken from your inner knee area.  The fat in this area is of a small amount usually but can be added to other areas of fat already removed.

Dr. ES

Brazilian Butt Lift and Fat Grafting

+1

For this surgery you need a lot of fat harvested. Just taking fat from the inner thigh or knee is not going to be enough.

Usually liposuction of almost the entire body is performed to be able to get enough fat for the injection. Large volumes are injected since a percentage of the fat does resorb (go away).

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-butt-lift-buttock-augmentation-newport-beach.php

Fat from any place it is in excess may be used for a Brazilian Butt Lift, but....

+1

Hi there-

There is no reason that the fat available in your knee area could not be used in your procedure, but the average amount of fat removed from the knee area is so very small that I cannot imagine it making a difference in your outcome. 

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Brazilian buttock enhancement with knee fat

+1

In Brazilian Butt Enhancement by Fat Grafting, one can obtain the fat from every place that is not wanted and grafted into the buttock. The knees yield a limited amount.

Another method of Brazilian Butt enhancement is by DERMIS FAT GRAFTING taken From a TUMMY TUCK

Knee fat not enough for Brazilian butt lift

+1

There isn't enough fat to take from the inner knee and transfer to the buttock and make any significant difference to have been worth the effort.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

Harvesting Knee Fat

+1

Not even the really obese among us have enough fat around their inner knees to fully fill the buttocks. If you have enough fat elsewhere and would like these areas to be suctioned at the same time, it is certainly possible but I would not count on these areas as a sole source of the fat transfer.

Transferring knee fat to the butt

+1

There is no doubt that the fat from the inner knees can be used. However, in my opinion this is relatively insignificant and will not contribute adequately due to the large volume of fat required for the Brazilian Butt lift.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.