Can I Transfer Fat from my Inner Knees to my Butt?

i want to have a brazilian butt lift done. i am thin but have tires on my stomach. but i dont know if the fat is enough. i have fat that i dont like on my inner knee area. can a doctor also take fat from there? to add to the amount harvested from the stomach as well. thank you.

Fat from Knees for Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Fat for the Brazilian Butt Lift can be taken from your inner knee area.  The fat in this area is of a small amount usually but can be added to other areas of fat already removed.

Dr. ES

Brazilian Butt Lift and Fat Grafting

+1

For this surgery you need a lot of fat harvested. Just taking fat from the inner thigh or knee is not going to be enough.

Usually liposuction of almost the entire body is performed to be able to get enough fat for the injection. Large volumes are injected since a percentage of the fat does resorb (go away).

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Fat from any place it is in excess may be used for a Brazilian Butt Lift, but....

+1

Hi there-

There is no reason that the fat available in your knee area could not be used in your procedure, but the average amount of fat removed from the knee area is so very small that I cannot imagine it making a difference in your outcome. 

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Brazilian buttock enhancement with knee fat

+1

In Brazilian Butt Enhancement by Fat Grafting, one can obtain the fat from every place that is not wanted and grafted into the buttock. The knees yield a limited amount.

Another method of Brazilian Butt enhancement is by DERMIS FAT GRAFTING taken From a TUMMY TUCK

Knee fat not enough for Brazilian butt lift

+1

There isn't enough fat to take from the inner knee and transfer to the buttock and make any significant difference to have been worth the effort.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Harvesting Knee Fat

+1

Not even the really obese among us have enough fat around their inner knees to fully fill the buttocks. If you have enough fat elsewhere and would like these areas to be suctioned at the same time, it is certainly possible but I would not count on these areas as a sole source of the fat transfer.

Transferring knee fat to the butt

+1

There is no doubt that the fat from the inner knees can be used. However, in my opinion this is relatively insignificant and will not contribute adequately due to the large volume of fat required for the Brazilian Butt lift.