I Had Transconjunctival Lower Blepharoplasty Done on February 15, 2013. Do You Think He Did a Bad Job? I Do. (photo)

I had transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty done on February 15, 2013. I still have bags under my eyes, just not as much fat. My right eye is still puffier than the left but my doctor says he won't redo that eye to make them more even. Now he wants me to get restalyne injected under my eyes to smooth out the transition lines. He wants another $900 after I already paid $3800. I feel he needs to fix them. I would like to have a second opinion. Please give me advice on what do next.

Need More Advice. What Can I Do to Make This Heal Faster? And What Exactly is It? (photo)

+2

No before posted photos??? So can not compare if the result is really as poor as you state. Which I doubt. Try Botox to paralyze the wrinkles or a filler like Restylane. And YES! you should pay for additional injections they are not free and have a cost to the surgeon, especially after "7" months! 

Result after tranconjunctival lower blepharoplasty

+1

I'm not sure if the pictures you posted are before and after pictures or only after pictures.  It would be helpful to see pictures of your eyes with no facial expression before and after your lower blepharoplasty.  Did you have any skin removed on the lower eyelids at the time of your procedure or only fat?  It may be that you have mainly excess skin and not necessarily excess fat now.  If that is the case, the are procedures that can be done to improve the skin issue.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Several options

+1

It is always a challenge to answer questions based solely on a picture. In addition the eyelid is a complex structure. The skin, mucle and underlying fat pockets all contribute to he appearance of the lid. So procedures that affect any of these tissues will alter the appearance of the lower eyelid. One option would be to add fillers to what you called the "transition lines". However, I do not like to use anything other than fat around the eyes. I think all of the synthetic fillers have a real tendency to be a bit lumpy there. Another option is to tighten the skin around your eyes with a laser resurfacing procedure. You just have to be sure that your skin type would allow for that (tough to tell without getting your history and seeing your skin in person). Best of luck

Ravi Dahiya, MD
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon