Will Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty Remove my Under Eye Bags? (photo)

Will Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty remove my under eye bags. I have had them my entire life. Im still in my 20's and want to get rid of the baggage.

Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty with Fat Grafting and Skin Pinch To Remove Eye Bags

+3

Fillers can camouflage eye bags by filling the depression beneath the lower eyelid bag.

Fillers are temporary and if not injected by an experienced surgeon, serious complications are not uncommon. I also do not like the idea of repeated injections into the eyelid, especially over a lifetime in younger people.

In my experience the Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty with Arcus Marginalis Release and Fat Grafting and a Skin Pinch Blepharoplasty provides an excellent permanent solution.

Transconjunctival blepharoplasty for lower lid

+1

Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty can be used to reduce fat, but we rarely do it in young people. Usually filler will solve this problem much better. If you’re in your 20s and have fat removed under the eyes, in a couple of years the area will be very hollow.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty

+1

You may be an excellent candidate for a transconjunctival blepharoplasty to treat the "bags" under your eyes.  This technique does not require an external scar.   Your surgery will need to perform a formal physical exam to determine your exact treatment plan.  Best of luck!
Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Transconjuntival Blepharoplasty for Under Eye Bags

+1

The design of the transconjunctval blepharoplasty is to resect excess fat from under the eye.  One should not resect too much fat, as one does not want to look "holllowed out."  This may also be followed by some trimming of excess skin, if needed.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Yes...

+1

Yes, you are one of the idea candidates for transconjunctival fat excision or better yet, fat transposition [a term that means not actually removing the fat, but repositioning it lower to make a smooth transition  between your eyelid and cheek. My guess is that  this is likely a hereditary trait that others in your family probably had.

Another option for you is using injectible fillers at the junction of the prolapsed fat [which is what the "bags" are] and the cheek to camouflage the "bag". However, this is a more temporary treatment that will usually 6-12 months [sometimes longer], and will need to be repeated.

A consultation with a surgeon that is experienced with different surgical techniques for eyelid rejuvenation would be best. An ASOPRS trained Oculoplastic surgeon is your best bet, though facial plastic surgeons and some general plastic surgeons may be quite experienced as well.

Best of luck

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon