Can Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty to Remove Fat Permanently Stretch the Lower Lid? (photo)

I had very little fat under my eyes and no wrinkles. I am one week post op and my lower eyelids are stretched to the point that my corneas slip below them when I look down. I also have an extreme loss in my distance vision, double vision, and extreme light loss due to the lower lids covering the pupils when looking down. Pre-surgery, the cornias pushed the lids down, allowing the pupil to have full light gathering capabilities. Given time, will this self correct? If not, what are options?

Can Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty to Remove Fat Permanently Stretch the Lower Lid?

+1

I agree with my colleagues that you should seek an evaluation ASAP. The only error you can make is to delay an evaluation of your vision. The issues with your eyelid position will likely settle over time. However, it's important to have your vision changes checked out as these can become permanent problems if not addressed. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/blepharoplasty/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower lid stretch

+1

Traction suture is usually placed in the lower lid to evert the lid for a transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty.  If there is existing laxity in the lower lid, this traction can accentuate the laxity.  If I note preoperative laxity in the lower lid with a distraction test, I will perform a lateral canthopexy or canthoplasty depending on the amount of laxity.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Definitely advise you to see the care of an ophthalmologist.

+1

Your eyelid surgeon should be able to help you.  I am very concerned that you had an orbital hemorrhage and this is compromising your vision.  This is definitely a medical emergency that warrants immediate assessment by your surgeon, or in an emergency room by an ophthalmologist if your surgeon is not available.  Please let us know how things turned out.  I hope you get better soon.

+1

Please seek eye doctor evaluation because things do not sound correct after a week because you look very ecchymotic.