Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty - Uneven Eye Bags?

I've had a Transconjunctival blephaloplasty done 3 days ago.The recovery has been perfect,minor swelling and bruising.However, it seems like he took all excess fat from the right eye but not from the left.Clearly the left eye is slightly more puffed.Is it possible that he made a mistake or my eyes can still change in the next few weeks?It seems like they are not swollen at all anymore!If he did take more fat from the right eye, how long do I have to wait to do a revision surgery?

3 Days after Transconjunctival Lower Blepharoplasty

+1

3 days after transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty is too early to evaluate the final results of a blepharoplasty.  The swelling can be asymmetric and can be producing the results that you are observing.       

Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty Recovery

+1

Three days after surgery is too soon to determine the symmetry of your result from transconjunctival blepharoplasty. It is not unusual to still have some swelling for the first week after surgery. Mild swelling can last a month or even six months to a year. Frequently, noticeable swelling resolves within a shorter time. Usually six months to a year would be a more reasonable time to consider a revision.

Michael Horn, MD

Blepahroplasty and swelling

+1

First, you are only a few days out from surgery and until the swelling subsides it is difficult to assess your eyes. When the swelling decreases, then review your concerns.

Uneven eyes after blepharoplasty

+1

Even though you may feel that your swelling is gone at three days after your lower blepharoplasty, there definitely will still be changes to the appearance that will take place.  I would say that the majority of the swelling would be gone by one month, but it can take six to twelve months to see your final result.  It is also not unusual for one eye to heal faster than the other, so I would not be concerned if one looks different than the other at three days after your procedure.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

TC Bleth

+1

Please be a bit more patient. 3 days is inadequate time to begin to see the result after a transconjunctival bletharoplasty. It could be as long as 6 to 8 weeks before you could even begin to make a judgement. Best,

Gary Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon