I Had a Trans Flap Breast Surgery Can Any of the Scars Be Removed or Lowered on my Breast? (photo)

Scar Removal after TRAM Flap

+1

Although, you have an acceptable reconstruction, you may benefit from a shaping and symmetry procedure.   

Unfortunately, the location of the scar is dictated by the type of mastectomy performed.   This is based on the amount of skin removal necessary to treat your cancer and the preference of your mastectomy surgeon.    

There is little that can be done to erase these scars.    In reconstruction and body contouring, we have to trade off scarring for shape, size, and symmetry.    If you are interested in downsizing your breasts,  a portion of the flap skin and tissue could be removed, but this will not change the position of the upper mastectomy scars.

I wish you all the best!!

Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Breast reconstruction result

+1

It appears you have a pretty good bilateral mastectomy reconstruction result.  Continue massaging your scars.  After one year, you may be a candidate for a scar revision if it really bothers you.  There are some limitation of what can be done in terms of scar placement.  Please see your PS to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Breast reconstruction austin, DEIP flap Austin, Breast cancer austin,

+1

Your scars are typically dictated by the incision used to perform the mastecomy.  Traditionally these were across the width of the breast.  Now, using skin sparing mastectomy techniques these scars are circualr and are made areound the prigmented part of the nipple/areola.  They usually are around 2 to 3 inches or roughly 50mm.  The scarring is much more accpecable because it is easily hidden. 

+1

WOW! What a great result. Why mess with it?? Try decorative tattooing as an easy way to camouflage the wel healed scars. 

TRAM flap and scars

+1

TRAM flaps are a great reconstructive option for breast reconstruction. Unfortunately, the scars can not be removed.

Can Scars be moved?

+1

it is unfortunate that your scars had to be placed where they currently reside, unfortunately it is very difficult to move scars, but they can be moved slightly, it would be an involved process utilizing skin expansion, but they could be moved a few millimeters which may help your current situation.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Can Breast Reconstruction Scars Be Removed or Lowered

+1

Unfortunately the scar after Breast Reconstruction can't be totally removed but they can be improved.  The most common way to improve them would be:

• To allow them to mature for at least 1 year.  The natural healing process of your body will do wonders in improving your scar.
  • A Scar Revision could possibly improve the scars by about 30 to 40%
  • A light laser resurfacing could also improve the scars.

Moving the scar to make it less noticable is probably not an option but with the above suggestions we find most patient's are more that happy with their results. 

Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

Scars are permanent

+1

Sometimes in breast cancer surgery and reconstruction the scars can't be placed in areas where it is as easy to hide them as one might like.  They can't be "moved" though but will continue to improve with time.  Best to adjust the clothing choices to suit the scars until then.