Is Tranexamic Acid a Permanent Filler and Can It Be Removed from the Face?

Hello, I desperately need to find out whether tranexamic acid is a permanent filler or not. Seven months ago I had it injected (unnecessarily, as it later turned out) into my cheek by a dermatologist to treat 'melasma' (which was actually acne scarring). About a month after the injection I suddenly developed severe conjunctivitis in my eye on the side of my face where the acid had been injected. I have had a very droopy eyelid ever since and pressure behind my eye. Please help! Thanks so much!

Tranxemic Acid for Melasma

+1

There is only one article from Korea on this medication used for melasma. It has not been used commonly to treat melasma and there is little experience on its use for this indication.  From your symptoms I would recommend that you be evaluated by an ophthalmologist.

Fullerton Dermatologist

Tranexamic acid

+1

Are you sure you have the right name? Tranexamic Acid is used to prevent the breakdown of blood clots. It is taken orally for heavy menstrual bleeding and used in some types of surgery to decrease blood loss.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.