Will a Trampoline Necklift Improve my Jawline? Other Options?

I was advised to do a trampoline necklift with a liposuction by one surgeon and a lower face lift by another. I don't like my profile, sometimes it even looks as if I have a double chin. Thanks.

Neck lift options

+1

Based on your photos it appears that you are a good candidate for a mini neck lift (~ 1 inch incision under the chin) and a chin implant placed through the same incision

The trampoline neck lift sounds questionable

+1

I have been approached by this company and although I have not tried it, it is in my opinion that this approach would give your minimal results. The best way to treat the neck at this time is a neck lift.  But it depends on what your anatomy is at currently that dictates the best approach. Based on your picture, I think a neck lift is the best option. Below is an example of a video that helps to answer this question for you to watch and a link to see more informative videos:

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Strengthen jawline with chin implant and neck liposuction

+1

I agree that your neckline and contour of your jaw would be greatly improved with the combination of a chin implant and some neck (cervical) liposuction.  In my opinion, you are too young to be considering a necklift and there are other less invasive procedures to try first. 

Jason D. Bloom, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Double Chin Deformity Improved By Chin Implant and Neck Liposuction

+1

All of the options you have mentioned are far more than you really need. You have a chin deficiency and some neck fullness due to fat. You should pursue a more simpler and effective option of chin implant augmentation and neck liposuction. That would completely correct your young 'double chin' issue which is neither rare in occurrence nor difficult to improve surgically. This would give you more horizontal chin projection and a mroe defined cervivomental angle, both of which translate into a more defined jawline appearance.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

+1

I'm not sure why you'd have a tag team of surgeons.  You have a weak chin and some excess skin and fat in the neck.  If you are under 40, a chin implant, micro-liposuction and an ellipse of excess skin under the chin would be advised.  If the trampoline necklift uses sutures or suspension, these are prone to failure and relapse, so it might be best to get a second opinion from a plastic and cosmetic surgeon that's comfortable doing all the work him or herself.

Consider chin implant

+1

You seem awfully young to be considering a neck lift! I would sugest less invasive options first. Liposuction is a good option if there is excess fat that you can pinch between your fingers - if you pinch the skin under your chin, does it fell thicker than the skin of the lower neck?

The best option may be to consider a chin implant - this would support your soft tissues better, and would help slow your facial aging as well. Both liposuction and chin implant can be done through a small incision below the chin. Tightening of the platysma muscle (a "trampoline" necklift is one version of this) may help better define the chin-neck angle and can be done through the same incision as well.

J. Charles Finn, MD
Raleigh-Durham Facial Plastic Surgeon