Trauma to Saline Implant

10 yrs PO with saline implants no complications till now. Yesterday I fell down ( I have MS and fall frequently). The fall was on my right side. My implant on the R is in severe pain. It did not rupture. But the trauma to the implant makes it to were I cant even cough. What could the damage be if it did not rupture? Mel

See your doctor

I recommend you see your doctor just in case for an examination. You may have injured your body and this is not associated with your implant.  

362 Fairlawn Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5M 1T6

Pain in Breast After Fall

It sounds as if you may have trauma to the breast itself, your chest, or ribs. A ruptured saline implant rarely creates pain, and you will notice the decrease in volume. I recommend that you see your physician for appropriate exam and tests to determine what is causing the pain.

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

525 Oak Centre Dr
San Antonio, TX 78258

Trauma to Breast Implant?

I'm sorry to hear about your fall;  based on your description it will be best if you are evaluated by a physician to rule out a variety of injuries that could have been sustained. 

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Saline implant trauma

Typically trauma to the chest may result in pain but trauma to the implant usually does not.  If the saline implant is damaged that is it develops a leak, typically all of the saline leaks out within hours to days.  This is usually a painless event.  The trauma may have caused injury to your breast, or chest or to your ribs which would certainly produce pain like you have described. You should be seen by your doctor for an examination to be sure.

Sorry to hear about your problem.  Good luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

12998 South Cleveland Avenue
Fort Myers, FL 33907

Saline implant and a fall

Sounds like you need an exam because of the trauma. You may not have injured your implant but you may have injured your ribs or worse.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028