Abdominal Exercises Before Tummy Tuck - Will It Make a Difference?

I weight train roughly 5 to 6 days a week hitting my abdominals at least 2 times a week. Will it make a difference in my after result?

Physical conditioning and abdominal workouts before tummy tuck

+3

The more a patient works out and the better shape they are in, generally the better off they are.

I say generally because if a patient dips to a weight much lower than their baseline weight, have surgery, and then return to their normal weight, their result will not be as good as a patient who is operated on in their baseline state.

Web reference: http://www.drbrent.com/hybridabdominoplastyprocedure.php

Ab workout before tummy tuck

+2

Working out strengthens the muscles and provides improved definition to your abdominal area further improving the results that are obtained, possibly even leading up to six pack abs.  Good luck

Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal exercising before tummy tuck

+2

The better shape you are in prior to abdominoplasty, the better the result you will get from the procedure.  Keep up the good work and good luck.

Tummy tuck, best shape before, best result after

+2

It goes without saying, if you are in the best of shape before your tummy tuck, you will have the best result after. This goes for weight control, and muscular strength. Keep weight training before, and when you are healed pick up again where you left off.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/tummy-tuck

Keep it up

+2

The better shape you are in before the surgery, the better the result should be. Keep up the good work.

Web reference: http://www.wrmd.com

Abdominal exercises before Abdominoplasty

+2

A full abdominoplasty usually involves plication of the rectus abdominus muscle fascia.  This serves to bring the paired muscles back in toward the mid line, flattening the abdomen and bringing in the waistline.  These muscle compartments typically spread apart with aging and childbirth and even though the actual muscle  may have good tone, the muscle compartments may have spread apart which usually requires surgery for improvement or repair.  Therefore exercise may have Little effect if muscle spreading(diastasis Recti) is present.

Losing weight preop can only help!

+2

The closer you get to your ideal body weight prior to surgery the better!  With regard to your abdominal muscles, it probably doesn't make that much of a difference since the abdominal muscles are repositioned during a tummy tuck, not excised.  If you lose more subcutaneous fatty tissue preop (through aerobic activity) your skin will most likely become more lax--this is good if you're planning to have a tummy tuck since it will allow the surgeon to remove more skin which will give you a "tighter" look.  Good luck!