Gained Weight After Lipo and Tummy Tuck - Is Vaser or Lipo Sculpting a Good Option Now?

I Have Already Had a Traditional Lipo & a Full Tummy Tuck 3 Years Ago. Unfortunately, I have gained my weight back(mainly in the hip area) after the surgery;Now I look like I have 2 flat tires hanging off of the sides; I am considering vaser lipo or lipo sculpting;not only for just the hip area, but for the inner/outer thighs, pubis area & the buttocks; I do plan on losing the weight prior to any PS; would this be considered a good option for me based on the fact that I already had this done?

VASER Lipoplasty after prior Liposuction

+2

As you probably know, VASER is a specialized form of ultrasound used to first dissolve the fat during the liposuction procedure.  The ultrasound is very helpful in breaking up the scar fibers that form within the fat layers after a liposuction procedure.

VASER is a very useful tool to help in a second liposuction procedure.

You are right to get closer to your target weight before re-evaluating what procedure might be best for you.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Lipo

+1

Lipo is not intended for weight control.  You first need to get daily exercise, diet in-check, portion control, fast food virtually eliminated, and have your calories down to the 1200-1500/day range.  Have at least 15-20% of calories from protein, 30% from fat, 30% from complex carbs.  No white bread, cheese (unless skim), butter, fried foods, and an exercise plan which will get you up to an hour of aerobic exercise every day. Lipo is intended to assist a healthy lifestyle.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Gained weight after tummy and lipo. What are my options?

+1

This is a difficult question to answer without photographs. 

If you have excess fat that you have gained back, then VASER liposuction is an excellent way to break through any fibrous tissue (where you previously had liposuction) and restore more optimal contour.

If you have excess skin, then a revision will need to be made to your tummy tuck to address this.  While VASER liposuction will often achieve some degree of skin tightening, there is definitely no guarantee.

I hope this helps!

Gregory A. Buford, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Weight gain after tummy tuck

+1

If you are complaining about two flat tires hanging over yoru hips, perhaps you need an excision of tissue that extends around the hip region?  It is difficult for me to evaluate this without a formal exam.

Vaser Liposuction after traditional Liposuction

+1

You would be a good candidate for Vaser (ultrasound assisted) or Laser assisted liposuction.  After a tummy tuck and traditional liposuction, you will have some scarring under your skin and through the soft tissues of your abdomen.  The use of ultrasound or laser will help to make the second liposuction easier and allow your surgeon to provide a more sculpted finish.

Edward S. Lee, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+1

Liposuction, vaser lipo, jet lipo:  they are all the same (essentially), all utilize liposuction.  vaser:  uses low frequency to destroy fat, jet lipo:  uses water to "pluck" fat.  yes, I think that, however you do it, liposuction would take take of your needs.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

+1

Yes, but I would recommend Body Jet Lipo or Smart Body jet lipo (combo of Smart Lipo Triplex with Body jet lipo). Good luck from MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski