Had Traditional C02 Resurfacing For A Depressed Facial Scar, What Else Can I Do?

I had C02 resurfacing done on a slightly depressed cheek facial surgical scar in the fall, with moderate to good results. I was wondering if this was something I could do again in hopes to get an even more even with surrounding skin result. Thanks for any and all tips and recommendations

Fractional laser and surgical and non-surgical scar release for depressed scars

+1

Percutaneous scar release may improve deep and depressed scars on the face and body.  I would couple this with post treatment fractional laser. 

A filler could help improve the scar further

+1

A filler such as Restylane, Juvederm Ultra or Radiesse could raise the scar up more. Can tell if it will work by having the physician inject sterile salt water under the scar to see if there is some improvement. That of course will go away in a short period of time, but you would know if the above fillers would help.

Vicki J. Levine, MD

Resurfacing for a depressed facial scar

+1

One very good option would be to consider having the scar retreated with the traditional CO2 laser. You may continue to get additional improvement. Sometimes subcision or undermining of the scar can help or even fillers below the surface of the scar.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon