I think I have traction alopecia since I caught the stages early can my hair grow back? Does biota botanicals help?

I was wearing extensions for a week they are clip ins. I never wore them until a week ago and when I wore them I started noticing alot of hair coming out in the shower so I stopped wearing them. Sadly my hair hasnt stopped falling out and now I have a huge Bald spot hidden in the back of my hair. my husband says you can see hair growing back in all the spots hair fell out in and I even can feel little hairs when I touch the spots.

Early traction alopecia

+2
Early traction alopecia generally grows back especially traction alopecia that has been present for the short duration you described. All the descriptions you give of feeling little hairs in the affected area are really good signs. 

Toronto Dermatologist

Traction Alopecia and Supplements

+1
There really isn’t much evidence which supports a direct relationship between various supplements and actual hair growth. Overall health is important for different functions in your body which support the health of your hair follicles.. But this requires a long term commitment as it is not a quick fix solution.

Since you have only worn your extensions for a week and you are noticing signs of growth, this seems to indicate that your follicles are function just fine.

Traction alopecia occurs when there is prolonged pulling of the hair which tears the follicles and they become damaged by inflammation. Hair loss is permanent at this point.

Make sure to choose hair styles which do not contribute to constant tension on the follicles to avoid the development of Traction Alopecia.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Traction Alopecia

+1
Please do not waste your money on supplements and botanicals, they can not possibly help you with Taction Alopecia.
Dr John E Frank, MD
New York City

John E. Frank, MD