Is It Worth Going Under Again for Another 25cc's?

I am three months post op and really enjoying my results from my augmentation and lift procedure. My breast have dropped completely, but I wish they were fuller at the bottom. I had 300cc, high profile, under the muscle and I'm toying with the idea of going under to get 325cc's. My doctor said that my frame could handle up to 350cc, but opted for a more conservative look. Would going under the knife again and getting 325cc be worth it?

Another surgery for 25cc's

+1

I really do not feel that 25 cc would be worthy it for you to undergo another procedure.  I certainly would be prone to err on the more conservative side also, as I do with all of my surgeries and, again, 25 cc is such a minute amount you would most likely not even notice a difference. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Most would agree that 25ml is not worth undergoing surgery for

+1

I cannot envision a situation where surgery would be worth doing for 25ml alone.  If you were there for other reasons such as pocket modification than adding 25ml would be fine even though that amount of volume would really not make a discernible difference.  I would wait and see if the lower pole of your breasts relax more as this can occur with more time.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

25 cc implant exchange

+1
As one of my plastic surgery mentors used to say, do whatever you want but don't do that! There will be NO difference in the appearance of your breasts and you will be risking unnecessary complications. I recommend waiting at least 3 more months and then reassessing whether to step up by 100 cc. Otherwise, enjoy your new look.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

25 cc more

+1

In residency I saw a patient undergo a 10 cc additional amount placed in one breast when an exchange was done for the other to improve the "symmetry." I couldn't see the difference.  I wouldn't recommend it as that's less than an ounce of water.  Try it with some rice and a ziploc bag to see how little, if any difference it would make.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Changing implants just for an additional 25cc's?

+1

Definitely not.  25cc's is negligible.  You will not even notice the difference.  If you were to go up by 75-100cc's, you will notice a difference.  Twenty Five cc's is less than 2 tablespoons of additional volume.  It would be a waste of a lot of money and have risks that will far outweigh the benefits.  Don't do it.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

25cc more surgery?

+1

No do not do it as the risks are greater then the change you will see. 75 cc is minimum and in your case that may require new implants. Good luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Additional Surgery to Add 25 mL to Breast Implants?

+1

No, I do not think undergoing further surgery for a 25 mL change in volume is in your best interests.  Given that you are overall pleased with the results of surgery, I would suggest that you continue  to enjoy ( and avoid any further surgery unless absolutely necessary).

Surgery for 25cc more, sorry but no

+1

Surgery is all about risk to benefit, and taking a risk with your already good result for a difference of 25cc which will not even be visible is a definite no.

Is It Worth Going Under Again for Another 25cc's

+1

No.

It is most unlikely that you would notice any difference. You would go through the expenses and risks of surgery for little chance of improvement. 

Sit tight, reevaluate in another 3 months, discuss the pros and cons with your surgeon at that time.

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Is 25 cc's worth it?

+1

Without a doubt do not replace your implants for only 25 cc's. You will not be able to detect the difference at all. If a patient requests an implant exchange in my practice for the sole purpose to be larger, I encourage them to go at the very least 50 cc but prefer 75-100 to see a real difference and make it worth it.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD