Will Touching my Nose and Nostrils After Rhinoplasty Affect my Final Results?

I had rhinoplasty to correct nostril size and a bump on the bridge of my nose 2 weeks ago. I didnt have any grafts. I have been touching my nose often and sometimes touching my nostrils, will this affect my final results? I'm very, very worried.

Touching Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Rose,

JUST touching your nose GENTLY after your surgery should NOT be an issue.

That said, excessive touching leading to excessive pressure on your nose could be potentially damaging.

So to decrease any possible risks, I would encourage you to have a better control over touching your nose. After all, you need the best uninterrupted recovery possible.

However, if you are experiencing any given discomfort that is leading to your recent activity (touching your nose often) then it is of your best interest to have your surgeon examine you.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Just touching your nose 2 weeks post rhinoplasty shouldn't affect the results

+1

Just simply touching your nose frequently since your rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago shouldn't impact the results. However, you shouldn't be probing, applying pressure, etc. unless okayed by your surgeon as these maneuvers could have untoward consequences. 

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Rhino

+1
Hello, Touching your nose should not affect your results. You could possibly get infection. Following up with your P's is important.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Follow-up

+1

Close follow-up with your surgeon is the best advice that we can give you.  Your rhinoplasty procedure was fitted for your nose and only your nose.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Rhinoplasty

+1

Touching your nose post Rhinoplasty is not going to hurt your final result. You do not want to apply any pressure to the nose unless directed by your surgeon. It is best to leave your nose alone except light touching when washing or applying suncsreen etc...Do not worry yourself and keeps the hands on a mirror looking at your new nose rather then touching it. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

+1

IMHO of performing Rhinoplasty for over 25 years, it's best that you not move and manipulate your nose or nostrils within the first month.  This can dislodge internal sutures creating the shape of the tip.  Of course, you should ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon for his/her advice.

Touching the Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

I would highly recommend that you avoid doing so unless specifically instructed by your rhinoplasty surgeon. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon