Do You Think I Will Get a Totally Flat Abdomen with Full TT W/ MR?

I was totally psyched about getting the full TT w/ MR. But after reading alot of things from other women I'm wondering if my expectations are too high. Im hoping for a flat stomach with a nice BB and thin figure. I know i will still have stretch marks im worried that the skin that is left may still sag, it is very lax. Im 5'6 and 126lbs. Thanks

You Are Excellent Candidate For Tummy Tuck

+3

Thank you for your question and photographs. From your photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.You are thin, fit, have a lot of excess skin, and very little fat beneath your skin. These are all very important factors which are important in achieving the best result with tummy tuck surgery.

If your abdominal muscles are split then a muscle repair of your rectus muscles is also indicated.

I would encourage to not read negative experiences about tummy tuck on the Internet. In my experience which covers 31 years tummy tucks on thin patients with excess skin like you almost always result in an excellent outcome.

Most important do your homework. Consult at least 2 plastic surgeons who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, are experienced in tummy tuck surgery, and have an excellent reputation in your community.

Good luck.

Will I get a totally flat tummy with full tummy tuck?

+2

You will get a great result from a full tummy tuck as you are an excellent candidate for the surgery.  You already have a slim figure and you will feel much improved.  It may not be totally flat, but I have no doubt that it will be significantly better.   I'm not sure what a BB is.

Jonathan J. Staiano, FRCS (Plast)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Flat Abdomen after Tummy Tuck with Muscle Plication

+1

I agree that not all patients will have an absolutely flat abdomen after their tummy tucks.  I also agree that your appear to be a good candidate for a TT.  My concern is that you seem to have some excess skin in your flanks as well (have you had a profound weight loss?) and that you will need an extended TT or even a body lift to address this.

John Whitt, MD

Not Every Tummy Tuck Will Get A Completely Flat Abdomen

+1

It is best to think of a much improved and flatter abdomen after a tummy tuck. But to absolutely expect it to be completely flat may not be realistic for many patients. Your pictures show considerable loose skin on a thin body frame. You no doubt will have a dramatic change but you might want to scale back your expectations a bit...and then hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Fleur de Lys Tummy tuck works.

+1

Hi.

It looks like you have a lot of excess skin. You can get the flattest stomach with both vertical and horizontal skin removal ( upside down T scar ).

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)