Total FX Recovery

I'm considering getting Total FX to treat some moderate sun damage and wrinkles. What kind of recovery time am I in for? Will I need to take time off of work or can I do it over the weekend? Should I expect a lot of redness or swelling? Thanks.

Recovery time following Total FX

+2

Total Fx is a superb, one time treatment for rejuvenation of sun damaged skin. The face usually heals completely in six days, with some redness persisting for up to one month. The neck heals in 7-8 days and the chest in 10.

Miami Dermatologist

Total FX Recovery Time

+1

Thank you for your question. This depends on the depth of treatment, and number of passes. This can take from 5-10 days depending on energy level and saturation of tissue. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Recovery time for Total FX

+1

The time needed for healing and recovery after Total FX procedure varies according to the amount of sun damage and tightening a patient may require. Some who has full face Total FX laser resurfacing with average damage should take about a week of social downtime. In general, the treated area will be pink, tender, and swollen for a couple of days.  Cold pack and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs may help reduce swelling. After skin regrowth occurs, the skin may remain red for another week.  The proper care during the healing period is extremely important. This requires the patient to rinsing the skin several times a day and wash with a soap that contains no dyes or perfumes! The next key is to keep the treated area moist with Aquafor or Vaseline. Several follow up visits to your doctor will be needed to monitor the skin's healing and to identify early signs of infection or any other complications.

Web reference: http://www.mesoshealth.com/#!face/c1fjl

Clermont Plastic Surgeon

Total FX Recovery

+1

Excellent question. The recovery process depends on a number of factors, with the "strength of treatment" being one factor, and the other being the areas of the body being treated. As my colleagues suggested, the recovery time, and noteaby for the facial region, lies somewhere in the 5-8 day period, with other areas, such as the neck, requiring longer recover periods. Residual faint redness can be expected from days to  several weeks, again, depending on the treatment strength.

Best of luck !

Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

TotalFX recovery

+1

TotalFX recovery should be between 5-7 days. the redness should be around 2 weeks, but you should be able to cover it up with makeup at the one week mark. Swelling should be down after about 4-5 days after the procedure. The most important thing is to get your procedure form a credible and board certified physician that has done many TotalFX procedures. Always trust your face to a Facial Plastic Surgeon. Take care and good luck.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon