Total FX - How Long After Treatment Will Wrinkles and Fine Lines Diminish?

I wonder how long it takes after the Total FX treatment for fine lines and wrinkles to diminish, if not disappear? Most of the before/after pictures for Total FX show that wrinkles/lines have practically vanished. I had Total FX one week ago, and up to now, I see zero change in the appearance of lines/wrinkles I wanted to treat.

How long depends on multiple factors

+2

Generally, the immediate change you see after a Total Fx laser treatment is an overall evening of your skin color .  The improvement in wrinkles is a  gradual improvement that takes 4-6 months to occur that results from collagen remodeling and new collagen formation.  Having said that, the rate of improvement also depends on how aggressive the laser treatment was.  To get rid of wrinkles, your recovery time from the laser treatment should've been around 7-10 days.  Anything less than that and you will probably need more than one treatment and the wrinkle improvement will be less dramatic.  As a rule of thumb, you will not get of wrinkles unless it takes you 7-10 days to recover from the procedure, whether it is laser resurfacing, a chemical peel, or a plasma treatment.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Best results over time

+1

The collagen building and remodeling process continues over time after CO2 resurfacing and can lead to continued improvements for several (3-6) months.  This new collagen will lead to long lasting results with good skin care and sun avoidance. The strength and density of your laser treatment factors into how dramatic your results will be.

Vaishali Doolabh, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

The best results you will see are at 2-3 weeks after TotalFX

+1

Initially we were told by the company the builds the TotalFX laser that the improvement from treatments will increase over several months. I have never seen this happen. I love the machine and get great results with it overt the last 3 years, however the results will typically look the best at about 3 weeks with some gradual return of deeper wrinkles over time. Fine wrinkles respond better to the TotalFX treatment. Hope this helps.

Ivan Wayne, MD
Oklahoma City Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

It can take several months (around 6) before you see a difference in the fine lines and wrinkles because you have to wait for the collagen remodeling/regeneration to occur. Be patient, you will be pleased in the long term.

Sumit Bapna, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Total FX and Wrinkles

+1

New collagen forms for at least 6 months, possibly up to one year following any the CO2 lasers on the market, such as the Total FX approach. This has been very well documented with skin biopsies. The early results are due to slight swelling only.

I treated a patient several years ago with Total FX. Although she was pleased with her results, I was disappointed that the deep vertical lines on her upper lip did not improve more. I told her that I would retreat that area at no charge. I saw her one year later and asked her why she never scheduled the second treatment. She then showed me her lip and the lines had markedly improved.

I do think it is important to treat aggressively.

William M. Ramsdell, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon