Total FX Most Extreme Laser Option for Crowsfeet?

Hi, I am contemplating getting TotalFX to treat drooping eyelids and crows feet. I have called a few places and have gotten 8 quotes in the Los Angeles area, ranging from 750 per treatment to 3500 !! Why the extreme varying cost? Is there more than one kind of TotalFX laser ? Is Total FX more extreme than Fraxel?

Quotes over the phone are irrelevant

+2

This is really not the best way to shop for your cosmetic medical or surgical needs. You need to schedule in person consultations with highly qualified physicians with extensive experience in the full range of facial rejuvenation skills and technologies to provide you with options and costs relevant to you. Calling various places to ask for prices will result in exactly what you have experienced, an extreme variation in quotes none of which are based on evaluating your needs and expectations and therefore, irrelevant. I advise taking any such treatment seriously and seek true consultations. After all this is a medical procedures with potential risks and complications.

Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Total FX treatment for crows feet

+1

Laser skin resurfacing with Total FX is a highly effective way to improve wrinkles and sun damage to the skin. That being said, there are pros and cons with all laser treatments. As other surgeons have recommended, this discussion is best done with a one-on-one consultation with a surgeon who is experienced in laser treatments. It is often best to seek the opinions of surgeons who utilize different fractionated lasers, so that you can make the most informed decision. And finally, don't pay attention to quotes over the phone. This can be misleading, as treatments can vary widely.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Unfortunately, quotes over the phone do not often reflect the real situation.  It sounds like you want a deep fractionated CO2 laser treatment.  There are several "lasers" that do this.  Some people may be quoting only your crows feet only while others may be quoting your whole face, neck, and chest because most people don't laser only one part of their face.  You really should have a personal consultation to go over what you want and need and get a quote that is not ambiguous.  Good luck.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1

Completely agree with the other surgeons...you should have a few consultations with qualified plastic and cosmetic surgeons and not use price as how you shop for any procedure or surgery.  

I agree with Dr Ishoo

+1

So much of what goes into what cosmetic surgery costs depends upon what need to be done for the specific problem.  One office may have quoted $750 just to laser around the eyes with local anesthesia, another $3500 to do anesthesia and a full face laser. You need to actually go to a qualified surgeon and express your concerns and then they can give you a more realistic quote based upon what you need to accomplish.

Hope this helps,

Dr T

Scott Tucker, MD
Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon