Redness After Total FX

I had Total FX done on one scar on my cheek 2 1/2 months ago, and am still red. Is this normal, and will it ever go away? My doctor did light treatments at one and two months, and I have not seen much difference. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

This will improve with time

+1

When you treat just one small area with the Total FX, the difference in skin color is much more noticeable, compared to someone who does their entire face.  The redness can take some time to resolve and you are within the expected time frame.  I would wait a little longer.  You can try some over the counter scar oils and massage in.  One such example is Bio Oil.

Burbank Dermatologist

VBeam or IPL treatments for Total FX redness

+1

Prolonged erythema (or redness) following CO2 laser treatments is probably the most common side effect. Time alone will resolve this condition on its own but it can be treated more quickly with IPL or VBeam (PDL) laser treatments. I have both in my office which I have used with success. I have also heard that LED treatment may also be helpful but I have never tried it.

Steven E. Rasmussen, MD, FAAD
Austin Dermatologist