What can I do to get rid of this red upper lip bump/ scar that won't go away? (photo)

It's been about 4 months that I have had this red bump/scar. It was a cold sore at one point and then it scabbed over and I picked at it and was left with this. Please help it is daily flat I just want the redness gone!

Lip bump/scar

+1
I think time is on your side. Patience is a virtue is this case because any direct treatment may just reactivate the cold sore and make things worse. It may take another 3 - 6 months before you can appreciate any improvements. In the meantime, it's always best to have a qualified physician (plastic surgeon or dermatologist in the is case) perform
a physical exam and best determine treatment if any. Glad to help.