Why do doctors always Recommend OVAL butt implants over ROUND butt implants? (photo)

Reason I ask is because I read a lot of forums where girls say they regret getting oval and are getting them re-done for the round implants to be placed ? I want the round implants cause I really want that bubble butt look which round gives right? And I'm aware they ot go up to 300cc but that's as large as I can go anyway cause I'm so petite. SO DOCS! Tell me your opinion and what you think would loom good on a small framed women like myself thanks guys!!!

Why do doctors always Recommend OVAL butt implants over ROUND butt implants?

+2
   I place both types in an intramuscular position with a preference for round implants if possible.  Oval implants may be more useful in some anatomic conformations.  Finally, fat grafting to select areas after buttock implant placement can be used to refine contours.

BUTTOCK IMPLANT SIZE SELECTION

+2
One of the most important factors in creating the perfect derriere with implants is indeed selecting the right size AND shape. I have found the best way to assure this is to simply measure the actual dimensions of the patients buttock cheeks. With these anatomical measurements, I can select an implant that not only significantly augments the buttock but also supplies the correct 3-dimensional enhancement to look as real as possible. Women typically have more oval shaped buttock cheeks and men round, thus oval tends to set more anatomically is most women. Nonetheless, the only way for you to know what implant works best is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon specializing in this procedure and have him/her take your measurements before selecting an implant and proceeding with surgery. Glad to help... @drryanstanton

Ryan Stanton, MD

Round versus oval buttock implants.

+2
You will hear many different opinions among plastic surgeons. The highest complication rates are seen in patients with subfascial (over the muscle) implants. Patients undergoing an intramuscular approach, my preference, have far less complications. Many surgeons do not perform the intramuscular approach as it is more challenging technically. Yet, most surgeons performing the intramuscular implants, as myself, prefer round implants. As you can see in the pictures you sent, the ideal buttocks is round. If the implants are going to be placed above the muscle, they must be shaped because the implant is highly visible and palpable.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Round vs. Oval Buttock Implants

+2
Round implants are fine, but you have to have relatively low height of the buttock. Otherwise they look unnatural, just sticking out without joining the rest of the buttock contour in a natural curve.
Oval implants taper above and below which is more natural and come in different projection, widths and heights.  
Find a board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person to see which might work best to meet your goals.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Round vs Shaped Buttocks Implants

+2
Dear Abercrombiegirl,

The decision to go with round vs. shaped implants has to do with the measurements of your body as well as the technique used.  Round implants tend to give a lot of projection in the upper portion of the buttocks, where you said you doing want it.  The shaped implants are almond shaped and tend to give a bit more fullness lower and to the outside, in the natural shape of the gluteal muscle.  Based on the technique used there are limits to the size and shape that can be implanted safely. There are 3 basic ways to place the implant: 1. under the skin or muscle fascia, 2. into the gluteal muscle and 3. under the gluteal muscle.  I prefer the intramuscular (in the muscle) technique, as it provides good coverage of the implant.  Best wishes. 

Luis H. Macias, MD

Buttock Implants

+2
Buttock implants size and shape is based on the buttock measurements and the desired shape a person wants. Based on the description you gave and the wish pictures , you will do well with a round implant. It is important to examine the patient and the skin and tissue available for implant coverage, and a good advise.
Samir Shureih MD. FACS
sshureih@msn.com

Butt implants - round or oval

+1
Dear Abercombiegirl,
  Thanks for submitting your pictures and your goal pictures. The natural attractive butts are oval and not round. They are longer vertically than horizontally.  The butts start from the posterior ilac crest bone where the glutts muscles attache, down to the crease. That is why the oval shape was recommended to you. If you want a fake unnatural butts, you can get the round implants. You mentioned the 300 cc size implants, these  are not  implants that will give you satisfactory results based on to your goal pictures. The most common size implants in my surgery center are 565cc round oval implants ( check my before and after pictures ). You can not have this size with the intra muscular or sub muscular techniques. Only the sub fascial plane can accomodate big size implants. Consult with board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of butt implants surgery and are familiar and experienced with the sub fascial technique. Check their before and after pictures to make sure that you like the results.
                                            Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon