How Much to Close Gauged Earlobes? (photo)

I had my earlobes gauged to size 0 and took the plugs out about 5+ years ago there is no tear or anything( see pictures). I am looking at a new career and that is the reason for my decision. I reside in the Los Angeles(torrance) area but am willing to travel for the right price. It is for both sides

How Much to Close Gauged Earlobes?

+1
Thank you for the question and pictures.  There are many good board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You should do your due diligence by checking with the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Only by visiting the surgeon's website or office will you learn of his/her specific experience and skill. You will find that costs will vary from one practice to another (600.00 to 1000.00 in our office)
The  repair of the stretched ear lobe is a great procedure that can restore the ear lobe to a “normal” appearance".  Care must be taken during this procedure to avoid reducing the size of the air and/or creating a notch/ depressed appearance in the area of the rim of the ear lobe.   It is usually done under local anesthesia with very high patient satisfaction rates.
I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Gauged earlobes

+1

I repair them all the time and like doing the procedure.  Once a surgeon has done a lot of them, the repair really becomes pretty straightforward.  I am aware that some surgeons charge a lot to repair them. My charge is $600 to repair both earlobes.  I think it's a fair price.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Gauged Earlobe Repair

+1

Gauged earlobes have a few issues that need to be addressed for proper repair.  It is not only the hole that needs to closed up as that would still leave an unnatural looking result.  Usually the earlobe is thinned out as well from the gauging.  A proper examination is really the only way to determine what needs to be done to repair it so that it looks natural in appearance.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Gauged Ear Lobe Closure Cost

+1

-Having operated on all sizes of gauged ear lobes, I have found that patients are very happy with the results of this in-office procedure which may be performed using a local anesthetic. 

-In my office the cost of the closure is based on the time the procedure will take to perform.  In your case, your gauged ear lobe piercings aren't very large, so likely each side would be a few hundred dollars.  However, cost can vary from surgeon to surgeon and is also dependent on geographic location. 

-Definitely meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to find out more!

-Best of luck to you!

Joshua Cooper, MD, FACS

Cost to close gauged earlobes

+1

The cost of closing gauged earlobes will vary, depending on the extent of the closure and where you have the procedure done.  I typically perform the procedure in the office and I would say the cost would be in the range of hundreds (and not thousands) of dollars.  If you would like a fee quote for your particular procedure, feel free to contact me through email or telephone.  (doctorE@sfplasticsurgery.com, 415-392-9800).  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon