Vigorous Massage of Face 3 Weeks Following Juvederm?

Three weeks following Juvederm injection in my face, I went for a body massage. I did not anticipate the therapist massaging my face. She did it a few time vigorously in areas that had Juvederm before I asked her to stop. Could she have moved or molded the Juvederm? Thank you.

Massage 3 wks after injection of Juvederm

+1

Did you notice any difference aesthetically? It should not have changed the shape 3 wks after the injection. If you noticed changes, follow up with your provider.

Massage of face 3 weeks after Juvederm treatment

+1

After 3 weeks, massaging the face should cause any issues with your result. If you notice any asymmetry, I would recommend following up with your provider. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/fillers-and-injectable/juvederm/

Facial massage After Juvederm

+1

You should be fine. Having a facial massage 3 weeks after treatment  should not move the product. Your Juvederm is well settled by now. We really don't want massage for the first day of treatment.Enjoy your Juvederm.

Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial massage 3 weeks after Juvederm

+1

At 3 weeks out, the Juvederm should have been well-settled and not disturbed with a facial massage. While we ask people not to press on an injected area, this is really only for 24-48 hours after as that's when the product is still very moveable.

Any problem with Vigorous massage of face 3 weeks after Juvederm?

+1

Juvederm is the most movable in the first 6 hours after injections. While it is possible to move the Juvederm a little with massage 3 weeks after injections, it is not likely that any real harm was done.  Does it look uneven or has your appearance changed since the facial massage? If not you shouldn't  worry. The product does expand with moisture from your body and spread out a bit. But at 3 weeks it should be pretty settled in it's position. If you see any loss of correction or irregularity you could see your provider for a follow up appointment to discuss your concerns.