Considering an upper bleph and / or a brow lift. Your thoughts please? (photo)

Hi Docs, I've always had hooded eyes and and am now considering an upper blepharoplasty perhaps accompanied by a brow lift. Do you think the upper bleph will be an aesthetic improvement? Do you think it should be in conjunction with a brow lift? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Non-surgical Browlift May Work Well For A Young Person

+1
Part of the classic female face are eyebrows whose outer third arch upward and swing outward. To complete the ideal picture, there is also a slight, rounded projection of the fleshy areas directly beneath this region which both support the flare of the eyebrows above and lift the skin above the upper eyelids to give them youthful exposure.

With time (some people obviously much earlier than others), loss of volume (fatty tissue) in this region and the sinking of the areas directly above the upper lid and below the outer third of the eyebrow, leads to an unwanted downward turning of the outer eyebrows and in extreme case to a billowing of the redundant skin onto the upper lids. In this case, there 

A tiny droplet of Botox or Dysport placed directly under the outer one third of the eyebrows can relax the downward pull of the muscles in the region with the result that the eyebrows are freed to once again flare upward and outward. When this treatment alone proves not enough, a small amount of a filler substance, such as Restylane or Juvederm, instilled in an oval fashion within the fleshy skin immediately below the brows, can serve to both restore the youthful outward projection of this area and support the upward flare of the outer third of the eyebrow.

Frequently combined as one procedure, the entire treatment may take about five minutes per brow. The results are usually quite gratifying and most people can return to work or social activities immediately following treatment.

Upper eyelid blepharoplasty but not brow lift is your best option

+1
Thank you for your question.  You do have excess upper eyelid skin and a condition called dermatochalasis.  An upper blepharoplasty showed correct this problem and give you a nice supra tarsal fold the normal crease above the eyelashes.  I would not recommend a brow lift at the same procedure because you're brow position looks normal and to do a brow lift could cause difficulty with eye closure.

Please consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, very experienced and oculoplastic and eyelid surgery, and who is an excellent reputation in your community.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Upper bleph or brow lift?

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.
From the limited photo you provide, you appear to be very young and have a very youthful appearance to your eyes. I'm not sure I'd recommend any procedure for you. In order to get a more accurate assessment I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of luck to you!

David Cangello, MD

Considering an upper bleph and / or a brow lift. Your thoughts please?

+1
   Upper blepharoplasty may be reasonable.  I would not offer a brow lift.

Brow lift versus blepharoplasty

+1
I have this discussion in the office all the time.    In your case it is not possible to pass much judgement as your photo is so limited.  From what I can see I really do not think that a brow lift is going to be needed and may in fact be completely inappropriate.  Your brow seems to be in a nice position medially and you have no wrinkles. Even a blepharoplasty may not be required.  You really need to see a plastic surgeon who can assess your face as a whole as well as the lids and brow.

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Considering blepharoplasty and possible browlift.

+1
Only a face to face exam can tell exactly what your needs are, but from your photo, your brow seems in acceptable position so only an  upper blepharoplasty would likely benefit you the most. Elevating your brow more would not improve your appearance.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

+1
Very hard to advise without a better full face posted photo. It appears your brow is in a good location therefore I might only recommend an upper lid bleph..// 

Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty or Brow Lift/

+1
Your eyebrows are a little thick but I don't think that you need either a brow lift or an upper eyelid blepharoplasty. However, this is a frequently asked question; I simply tell patients to lift their brows while looking in the mirror to determine if they like their appearance.

Possible upper blepharoplasty and brown lift

+1
Thank you for your picture. You do have some mild hooding of your upper eyelid. Your brow position looks pretty good. I would not recommend a brow lift. You may consider a modest upper lid blepharoplasty.

Good luck.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, M.D., DDS, FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Brow lift and upper lid blepharoplasty

+1
The distance between the eyelids and eyebrows is acceptable, so a brow lift is not necessary. Upper eyelid blepharoplasty would involve removal of a small amount of skin and fatty deposits in the upper lids. For many examples, please see the link below to our eyelid surgery  photo gallery