Diced Cartilage and Fascia Graft for Bridge Augmentation?

I have recently heard the new method of nose bridge augmentation by using patients' own cartilage that is diced and wrapped with a fascia. Many studies have proves that it can reduce the chance of rejection and inflammation and it also reduce the chance of warping.

Might I know if any facial plastic surgeon in Toronto is using this method now? Also, how much it might cost?

Techniques to augment the nasal bridge

+1

There are multiple techniques to augment the bridge during a rhinoplasty procedure.  These include using the patient’s own cartilage from the nose, from the ear, the rib, and synthetic silastic materials.  The patient’s own cartilage is always better.  This technique will require a separate incision approximately 2 inches long and a scalp harvest fascia.  This cartilage and fascia graft will look overcorrected for several months in the glabellar dorsal area until refinement settles down.  This is a good alternative technique for very special circumstances.  

Web reference: http://seattlefacial.com

Diced cartilage and fascial graft for nasal bridge augmentation

+1

This is an excellent method for nasal dorsal augmentation in the rhinoplasty patient.  I have used this technique many times with excellent results.  Since you are using autologous tissues from the posterior ear and temporalis fascia with no deformity, you do not have the rejection problems you have with nasal dorsal implants.  It is also true that warping is much less than with non diced rib nasal augmention.  Discuss this nasal augmentation option with your board certified Plastic Surgeon.

Rhinoplasty

+1

I would not consider this a new method. I know of one surgeon who has been using this technique since the 1970s. Any qualified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon should be capable of doing this procedure.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.