Suggestions on what i need fixed for rhino? (Photo)

Im shopping for a PS I'm not sure what i need done to my nose but I dislike it the indentation from the side view bothers me and the tip from the front view bothers me what how can these be fixed? also i think from the front view maybe my middle of my nose is too wide? any suggestions on what i need done?

Rhinoplasty

+1
Dear jonesin4uxo,

Your concerns regarding your nasal-facial proportion are very common. It is a common cranial-facial variation to have a nose-face disproportion. From the photos that you provided, you have very attractive facial skeletal bones that are quite delicate and refined. Your concerns with your profile are likely related to the dominance that the nasal projection itself plays in the overall facial anatomy and structure. It may well be that your interpretation of facial beauty would be one of a slightly de-projected nose, with maintenance of your attractive lip columellar angle. Although there is no significant dorsal bump irregularity, the bridge would be smoothened somewhat and if you have a tendency for your nose to plunge on smiling, tip support after de-projection would be undertaken.

From the front view, again, your nose probably bothers you in several modest respects. Principally, the width of the upper and middle part of your nose can be narrowed to match the more feminine and attractive bony structures of your face. The tip itself does not appear overly-bulbous, but if you narrow the upper and middle thirds of your nose, narrowing and balancing would be required. It’s important to note that when the nose itself is shortened and de-projected, occasionally the nostrils can appear somewhat wider.

Discussions with your selected plastic surgeon about alar base reduction, either at the time of the primary modest reduction rhinoplasty or at a later date would be discussed. After performing cosmetic rhinoplasty for almost 20 years and my training in basic plastic surgery and ENT, otolaryngology and cranial-facial surgery, I have seen how three-dimensional imaging has afforded the ability to analyze the three-dimensional effects of changing nasal-facial proportion. I always insist on rhinoplasty patients undergoing 2-D and three-dimensional imaging to best outline the kind of results that can be expected.

It is not possible to predict exactly what the nose will look like, but an experienced nasal plastic surgeon will be able to give you a very realistic sense of what your nasal-facial balance and proportion will look like, through the use of computer imaging. Seeing several experienced nasal plastic surgeons will be important in deciding which surgeon you feel most comfortable and confident with and, importantly, what vision of nasal-facial aesthetics and harmony can be achieved.

I hope this helps. Best of luck.

Sincerely,
R. Stephen Mulholland, M.D., Certified Plastic Surgeon, Yorkville, Toronto

Well-performed rhinoplasty surgery may lead to a cuter, more feminine nasal appearance.

+1
Based on your photos, you appear to have a wide nose with a dorsal hump, and an over-projected tip. You may benefit from consulting several reputable rhinoplasty surgeons so you could see what might be best for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1
You may be a good candidate for rhinoplasty, but an exam in person is essential.  I can't really see your indent that you are describing, but it may be more obvious in person.

Goals of My Rhinoplasty

+1
The pictures show that you have a VERY slight convexity of your bridge and minimal fullness of the mid-portion of your nose. If anything is changed it should be minimal so you achieve a natural result - you don't want a bad overdone nose job. 

Rhinoplasty candidate for wide bridge and tip

+1
  It is always best to make at least 3 consultations with experienced rhinoplasty surgeons, so that you can get an idea of what can and cannot be accomplished with the procedure in person. Computer imaging would also help which can be performed either online or in the surgeon's office. Photographs demonstrate a small dorsal hump which can be shaved down and osteotomies will narrow the nasal bones  and the mid third of the nose by also correspondingly narrowing the upper lateral cartilages. Minimal  Tip surgery it would be all that is required. For many examples of noses similar to your own, please see the link below to our rhinoplasty photo gallery