Is my size too small? Natrelle silicone 420cc and 400cc. 5'7", 153LBS (Photo)

I am 9 days Post Op. I am 5ft 7in 150-153lbs, I have Natrelle Silicone 420cc MF left and 400cc MM right. I was a 34A before BA, why do I look so small and when my implants drop and soften will my breast appear bigger

Excellent result nine days after breast augmentation surgery

+2
Based on your photograph you have an excellent result and look normal for nine days after breast augmentation.

Your breasts will soft and and drop and look much better over the next three months.  Please express your concerns to your plastic surgeon.

Is my size too small? Natrelle silicone 420cc and 400cc. 5'7", 153LBS

+2

I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you have after your procedure.

You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that they are "too  small".
I have found,  that with time,  as breast implants “settle” (drop and fluff)  that the resulting breast size/shape seem larger. You may be able to see this for yourself if you stand in front of a full-length mirror and “pull up on the breast skin and down on the breast implant";  as the breast implant moves into the lower part of the pocket and the nipple/areola move up,  the breast may appear to be larger in appearance.

I would suggest you wait at least 3 to 6 additional months before you make any decisions regarding the results of your breast augmentation surgery.  This waiting time will allow you to (potentially) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image.  

If at that point,  you are convinced that the breast implants are too small ( assuming the breast implant pockets are otherwise doing well), revisionary  surgery  is a relatively painless procedure.

In the meantime, continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon to discuss your questions and concerns.

Is the size too small

+2
In your case you have to consider two things, one you did not have enough breast tissue so even though large implant were used they do not look as large as you would like. Two, remember that there is a fact that has to be considered, the size of the implant is determined by the breast skin capacity. A larger implant may not have been possible. If you go back for a second time later once the skin has stretched, you may be able to get a larger implant at that time. But it is important to remember, the larger the implant, the higher the risk of problems becomes.

Yvelise Bello Paredes, MD

Breast augmentation result

+1
It's too soon to see your final result due to swelling. In my personal experience I think that your surgeon did a great job, but you have to wait until you have at least 3 months to see your final result. I think that the implants are the right size for your built. Be patient.

Luis Lopez Tallaj, MD

+1
Appears as natural early result. You chose that size!! A larger size might have been a better option like 500 cc. Remember the #1 complaints is, "I wish I would have gone bigger!"

Nine days after surgery

+1
None days after surgery is still very early in the heallng process and your breast shape will change over the next few weeks.  Assuming you and your surgeon selected your implant size and style carefully, you will very likely be please with your result once the healing process has finished.

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

Worried about size after augmentation

+1
is a normal reaction.  I assume you had a major role in deciding what size you would be and if so, they should be close to what you envisioned with external sizers or 3D imaging.  Regardless, since its water under the bridge at this point, focus on healing and adjusting to the fuller breasts you do have and trying to achieve a near perfect look.  Once you are healed, if the size issue remains important, evaluate you motivations and if important, you can always have larger implants placed.

Curtis Wong, MD

Too Small?

+1
Thank you for your picture. Unfortunately, your implants won't get bigger with time because the swelling will decrease they may actually may be a bit smaller. If at three months, you decide that your implants need to be larger discussed this with the plastic surgeon and see if you can schedule an implant exchange.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS