Shocked That As a 34B with the Addition of 475 CC Saline Unders I Only Went Up to a C Cup? (photo)

I was a 34 B pre op after having 475 cc Saline implants, under, I only went up into a C cup, was hoping to be at least a D. My post op bust measures 37 & my band 34. I'm 5'6 123 lbs. The implants I got were 420-500 range filled to 475CC...My surgeon spoke as if my implants were quite large. I can't believe that I would have to go my max, whioch my surgeon said would have been 550 cc to get into a D!

One Cup Size Increase after 475 cc Breast Implants

+1

The least a person should go up after that much volume is 2 cup sizes.  If you were a very small B and you are now are very large C, this may be reasonable.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Cup size

+1

There is no standard on cup sizes. They vary considerably by manufacturer and style of implant. You have a very nice outcome.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Cup Size Increase By Breast Augmentation

+1

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your before/after photos.

It seems that you have commendable results at this point in your recovery process.

Cup size is a variable measurement method that changes from one bra manufacturer to another unfortunately. Therefore, I recommend that you do not rely on this method to assess the look and the feel of your implants.

Time is essential and letting nature take its course is an essential part in the recovery process.

This brings me to ask you the following:

Are you happy with how your breasts look when you compare your pre-op photos to how you look now, disregarding your current cup size?

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Inadequate Cup Size

+1

Your results actually look quite good at this time.  Early on after this operation, the chest muscles push against the implant and they don't project out away from the chest as much as they will later once the muscle relaxes.  Larger volume implants don't increase the amount of projection unless you were to change to a higher profile implant.  With your fairly narrow frame, I think larger implants will look unnaturally large on your chest.

Donald Griffin, MD

Cup size after breast augmentation

+1

A cup size is only a reflection of where you buy the bra. I am sure you can find places that would size you at a D or even higher just the way you are right now. My advice is not to chase a letter on the bra. Would you be happy if the same breasts were sized at a DD? It looks like you have a fine early result. Let the healing happen and enjoy your new shape.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Cup size changes after breast augmentation

+1

Congratulations on your excellent results so far. Cup size measurements only tell you the difference between your bust and your band. Furthermore, that measurement may not correlate to the actual bra size for different brands and styles.

More important than cup size is how you like the appearance and feel on your body. Do you look and feel smaller than you want to be? How do you like the appearance in different types of clothes? How does the size feel for you in your activities?

I suggest you live with the new implants for a couple months and see how you feel about the size. Also realize that you have a relatively natural appearance in your 10 day postop picture, and they will look even more natural as they settle. Going bigger would lose some of that natural appearance.

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

I Only Went Up to a C Cup?

+1

Part of the problem in speaking in terms of cup size is that there are no fixed defintions. The cup sizes are not the same for different bands. I have plenty of patients whom I consider to be C cup who have B's C's and D's in the bra drawer, all of which fit.

As I look at the photos, I am seeing what I would call a two cup size increase, although these are only photos. . Surgeons who comment on this site often quote that  200-225 cc of implant will result in a one cup size increase. If anything, on a 34 band, where the cups are smaller than on a 36, I would easily expect a 2 cup size increase. 

At any rate, whatever letter one ascribes to the size, they are what they are, and if the size increase is unsatisfactory, discuss with your surgeon your options.

Thank you for your question and for the photos. Best wishes