Is it safe to shave after having my mole removed? How long should I wait before I shave?

+1
Thank you for your question!  Once your incision is fully closed, it should be fine to shave. Typically, incisions should close in ~2-3 days.  Discuss timing with your surgeon as well as postoperative care. Best wishes!

Shaving after mole removal

+1
It is best to not shave over the mole area for at least a few days, until new pink skin appears there. Keep the area clean and well gooped up with Vaseline or Polysporin. When new pink skin develops you can shave there, but be gentle.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD