Would you recommend Perlane for cheek enhancement? Does it last longer than Restylane?

+1
Great question! First I should mention that I feel only "core" injectors should perform cosmetic injectables (facial plastic surgeons, plastic surgeons, dermatologists, or occuloplastic surgeons). This is because we all have a keen understanding of facial anatomy and the effects of injecting fillers in different regions of the face.
You are correct in mentioning that Perlane is one of the best fillers for augmenting the cheeks.  Other products to consider are Radiesse and Voluma.  Restylane is a softer filler that is not as great for volumizing the cheek area as the other three products I previously mentioned.
Voluma and Perlane are both hyaluronic acid fillers that are more firm than other hyaluronic acid fillers (like Juvederm or Restylane or Belotero). This makes them ideal for placement deep over the cheek bones for volumization of the midface. Another advantage of these two is that they are reversible with hyaluronidase should that be desired. The main difference is that Voluma has been shown to last up to two years while Perlane typically lasts about 9-12 months.
Radiesse is made of a completely different material, calcium hydroxylappatitie, which is also a very firm product that is ideal for placement deep over the cheek bones for volumization of the midface. This product, however, is not reversible. It lasts about 12-18 months.
Perlane, Radiesse, and Voluma will stimulate some collagen growth in the areas of injection, and I have used all three products to obtain beautiful results in the midface and cheeks. Voluma costs more because it has been show to last the longest, and they are all priced accordingly. If you go to a "core" injector, you should get great results with any of these products. I wish you well!

New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Perlane vs. Restylane

+1
While Juvederm Voluma® is currently getting a lot of press for volumizing and lifting cheeks, expert Cosmetic Dermatologist have been using Perlane® for cheek enhacement for years. While the FDA gave Perlane® and Restylane® equivalence in longevity, it seems to me from my clinical experience that Perlane® does seem to last a month or two longer-possibly because it has a larger amount of the active ingredient hyaluronic acid per 1cc syringe.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Best Filler for Cheek Enhancement

+1
Perlane is Restylane's stronger sister! Perlane is a great option for cheek enhancement. Another option is Voluma, which is similar to Restylane and Perlane but lasts twice as long. Talk with your dermatologist to figure out which filler would give you the results you're looking for. 

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Perlane vs. Restylane for Cheek Enhancement

+1
Perlane can be a very effective treatment for enhancing the cheeks. While both Perlane and Restylane work to restore lost volume and fullness, the effects of Perlane do last longer than Restylane in the cheek area. There are other cheek enhancing fillers available and it is best to consult with your board-certified dermatologist to determine the filler treatment that's best for you. 

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologist

Does Perlane last longer than Restylane

+1
Perlane and Restylane are both hyaluronic acid fillers. The difference is not in the length of time they last, but the particle size of the hyaluronic acid they contain. Perlane is a larger particle size so it fills deeper areas better and provides more volume. It can be an excellent filler for the cheeks, as can Voluma, which is also a hyaluronic acid with a larger particle size. Consult a board-certified injector in your area for an in-person consultation to discuss which filler would be right for you.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD