Pulmonary Valve Transplant 7 Years Ago?

I was born with a heart condition called blue baby which i was born with a hole in the heart but now have been covered for 21 years now but I had a pulmonary valve transplant 7 years ago. Is this procedure fine to take because it not synthetic going in just basically my own blood?

Any cosmetic procedure such as a facelift should not subject the patient any substantial risk.

+1

Placement of a pulmonary valve probably requires the patient to be on an anticoagulant is some sort. Even though the cardiovascular health the patient may be good, cessation of an anticoagulant for elective cosmetic procedure that might jeopardize the valve would be questionable. The final decision rests with the surgeon, the cardiologist, and cardiothoracic surgeon.

Face lift after heart surgery

+1

Thank you for your question about having a face lift after having heart surgery.
• Your cardiologist and cardiac surgeon should 'clear' you for surgery - that means, check you, your heart health and say surgery is ok,
• Your plastic surgeon should SPEAK to the cardiologist and perhaps to the surgeon, to discuss antibiotics, medications, additional risks and recovery,
• the face lift should be done in a hospital - outpatient surgery would be fine if your cardiologist agrees, in case you need to be observed overnight.
I am so glad you are doing so well after heart surgery. Hope this helps!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

#Facelift procedure 7 years after a serious but successful lung surgery

+1

Thank you for your question.  The right answer is to get medical clearance from your vascular/lung/heart surgeon first.  There might be restriction on elective surgery.  The doctor may say it is ok to proceed but might recommend perioperative antibiotics and that the surgery be done under local anesthesia with mild sedation.  Mild neck #liposuction, plastysma muscle repair and skin excision are quite feasible under intravenous sedation with the anesthesiologist present.  Take your time and see a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon.  Best of luck.  Dr. Marc DuPere, Board-Certified Toronto Plastic Surgeon.

Marc DuPéré, MD

Cardiac clearance first, Consider local anesthesia face lift second

+1

Certainly you would need clearance before undergoing any procedure. In addition consider a local anesthesia face lift as the risk compared to undergoing a general anestheia procedure or even IV sedation procedure is considerably less on the cardiopulmonary system. Either way, a thorough consultation with a surgeon experienced in all types of face lifts under all types of anesthestic is important. Good luck!

Kamran Jafri, MD

Facelift and Pulmonary Valve Transplant

+1

You would need medical clearance and to be free from blood thinners to have a facelift.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA