What Procedure to Fix Uneven Breast After Breast Augmentation?

I went through surgery two years ago (May 2010) I had breast augmentation with gel silicone 300 which was done sub-glandular, unfortunately I had an infeccion on my right implant and had to remove it (Nov. 2010) I was living with the left implant for a full year. I went for a second procedure (August 2011) this time the implant was placed sub-muscular, now 15 months later the right one has not yet dropped it is very noticeable that is sitting higher than the left one. What can I do?? need advice

One implant subglandular and the other submuscular

+1

It is almost impossible to achieve symmetry if one implant was placed above the muscle and one below.  Options would include picking the implant and placement that you like the best and matching it on the opposite side.  

Subglandular versus Submuscular

+1

It is very difficult to get symmetry if one implant is under the gland and one is under the muscle. The solution is to place the subglandular implant under the muscle.

One Implant Subglandular and One Submuscular

+1

Anytime one implant is submuscular and one is subglandular, the submuscular implant may tend to sit higher.  This is most likely the case here.  Change both to the same plane.  Kenneth Hughes, MD HughesPlasticSurgery Los Angeles, CA

Breast uneven.

+1

Thank you for your post. I appreciate your description but without pictures it's hard to tell how much higher it is on the right. If it is noticeable, as you mentioned then you might have several options. You could just have to do surgery to increase the pocket on the right and lower that implant. You could also consider placing the left implant under the muscle too. For best symmetry, it is a good idea to do bilateral surgery. You should see your PS or get a second opinion to be sure all the options are discussed. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Breast augmentation revision

+1

If the right breast implant has not dropped after 15 months, then it sounds like you need another revision.  Good luck!

Breast Asymmetry after Complications with Breast Augmentation?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the complications you have experienced after breast surgery. As you can imagine, the situation is somewhat complex given your past surgical history. Your best bet is to seek consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with revision breast surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_revisionarybreastsurgery.htm

Asymetry status post augmentation

+1

i also recomend that you visit your surgeon. it has been 15 months since your augmentation and a revision may be in order

Newark Plastic Surgeon

Post op

+1

It is hard to have a symmetrical result when the same procedure has not been done on both sides. I would revisit your surgeon.

Breast implant malposition

+1

Malposition of breast implants is one of the more common problems after augmentation.  Having  one implant above muscle and the other below, creates a  possibility the some assymetry will exist by definition.  

If the right implant is higher and remains so in spite of attempts to displace it downwards such as massage and compressive breast bands, then you may need to consider a revision in the operating room.  Your first step should be to return to your surgeon and see what his thoughts are.

Douglas M.Hargrave, M.D.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

BA

+1

Sorry to here about such adverse events with breast augmentation surgery. Yes, something could be done to correct the asymmetry. May I suggest you return your original breast surgeon for an evaluation. Ask them how your concerns could corrected. If you still desire another option then, request a copy of your operative report & pre operative pictures. Then, seek a second option possible from a member of the ASAPS. They are experts in corrective breast surgery. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Columbia Plastic Surgeon