Orbital Fracture Can It Be Fixed?

I got hit in the left eye by a tennis ball when I was like 10. I didn't know that it could have broken bones inside of eyeball. I also have gotten hit by a tennis racket on the face. Its probably been at least 8 years from my first injury with the teenis ball. My left eye hurts when I look far up or far down, and the back of my eye feels sore. And when I feel it is more sunken than my right eye. It is too late to fix it?

Orbital Fracture Can It Be Fixed?

+1

It is never too late to look into having an orbital injury repaired. Delayed repair of facial fractures can be very challenging. I would recommend that you consult with an oculoplastic surgeon. They will perform a careful exam of your eye, skeleton and orbital muscles. They might or might not suggest a CT scan to evaluate the floor and walls of the orbit. The prognosis really depends upon what is causing your discomfort. However, an oculoplastic surgeon is likely going to be the person in your community most experienced in dealing with this type of an issue. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon