How is making more vermillion done? What are the best lip implants? (Photo)

I was thinking of getting lip implants and the surgeon mentioned making more vermillion. How is this done? I want a natural feel. Will this raise the corners? Do you have any recommendations?

Lip lift

+1
A bullhorn type lip lift might be a good option for you to decrease the distance from nose to upper lip and show more upper vermillion.  I am not a fan of permanent implants as I've seen too many complications, and even when they have no complications, they often look weird or distort the dynamics of the lip.  Stick with injectable fillers or your own fat.  An internal V-Y advancement often doesn't have much effect and creates stiffness and scar tissue under the upper lip which can take a long time to settle.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Questions regarding Lip Implants

+1
I like the permalip implants.   They have a natural feel.  Showing more vermillion is done using a V to Y procedure.  Your Plastic Surgeon can draw you a diagram explaining how this is done.  This is a common surgery with excellent results.  Based on your photos, you would benefit from a Lip Lift.  There is a lot of distance from your nose to your lip.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeon (ASPS) for an exam, and to discuss your options.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD